1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2010 Prerunner Over Load/Load Leveling

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by LynHad, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Oct 20, 2009 at 5:14 PM
    LynHad

LynHad [OP] Member

Member:
    Indianapolis, In
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 Prerunner
    Jason Work-Force Cab-Hi Premium Cap, Bed-Slide, EGR In-Channel Window Visors, Toyota Accessories Bug Shield, Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    I took delivery of a new Tacoma V6 Prerunner with Access Cab about a month ago. My work is using these as new service vehicles replacing our old E250s. Yeah, I know big difference, but they are insisting on a v6. It has been outfitted with a Jason Work-Force Premium Contractors Cap and a Bed-Slide. Very sharp looking rig, but I need the function as well.
    I was carrying about 1000lbs in tools, parts, and manuals in the van, obviously this is not going to happen in my Tacoma. With the cap, bed slide, and myself I'm already carrying around 650lbs without any of the things I need to do my job. With the addition of the cap and slide my rear bumper has dropped about 7/8 of an inch, so I've been leery of carrying any more than I have to have for the known job of the day.
    Can anyone make any recommendations on over load/load leveling bags, springs, or leafs to help with carrying the things I need to do my job without riding down the road with my rear dragging ground?

2. Oct 20, 2009 at 7:02 PM
    tacomiker

tacomiker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Indianapolis Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport
    Tint, Lo Pro tonneau cover,Weather techs, BFG AT ,
    You can get the upgraded 4 leaf springs put on it, if you have the 3 leaf ones.Go to the dealer you purchased it and tell them your bottoming out.They have a Toyota Service Bulletin that changing them will let you tow or carry more weight.Just do a search on here for TSB and read up.Also from Indy. Mike

3. Oct 21, 2009 at 1:27 PM
    LynHad

LynHad [OP] Member

Member:
    Indianapolis, In
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 Prerunner
    Jason Work-Force Cab-Hi Premium Cap, Bed-Slide, EGR In-Channel Window Visors, Toyota Accessories Bug Shield, Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    I called the Toyota dealer it was purchased from this morning. He said he would look into it and get back to me. I stopped by O'Brien Toyota and they acted like they didn't have a clue. i was able to find the TSB on here and printed it out. It looks as if it only applies to 08 and 09 4x4s now. Anyone know for sure? Mine is a 2010 4x2 and it definitely has the 3 leaf spring set up.

4. Oct 21, 2009 at 2:08 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    verify the spring numbers off the truck compared to the TSB. that's where it will come into play

5. Oct 21, 2009 at 7:16 PM
    tacomiker

tacomiker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Indianapolis Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport
    Tint, Lo Pro tonneau cover,Weather techs, BFG AT ,
    It applies to pre-runners and 4x4,I would take a copy of it and go to dealer where you purchased it.Explain the problem and if they dont want to do it ask for the 800 number and call them.Im sure once you ask for the number they wont hesitate.

6. Oct 22, 2009 at 3:56 AM
    LynHad

LynHad [OP] Member

Member:
    Indianapolis, In
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 Prerunner
    The truck was bought as part of a corporate deal in Jasper IN. I did give that dealer a call yesterday morning, but they never called me back. I spoke with service at Beck Toyota late yesterday afternoon. They knew exactly what I was referring to and said that my situation was what the bulletin was written for and my truck was a prime candidate for the upgrade, but I would need to schedule a service appointment and drop it off to allow them to get a claim started. So, that's what I'll do and we'll see where it goes. Hopefully it's no big deal because I need to get something resolved pretty quick to be able to get back to carrying all the stuff I need.
    Thanks for the replies.

7. Nov 3, 2009 at 6:47 PM
    LynHad

LynHad [OP] Member

Member:
    Indianapolis, In
    Vehicle:
    2010 V6 Prerunner
    Truck was upgraded yesterday. Over $2000 worth of shocks, springs, and install all compliments of Toyota. Can't beat that. Truck does ride better and seems to handle better, but still sags with the tools, parts and manuals I have to carry. Service manager at dealership still recommends air bags. He also told me he recommends tire balance and rotation with each and every oil change. He says with the weight, tires will still understandable wear prematurely, but b and r every time will help keep them from becoming choppy while wearing.
    So, with all that said anyone have any recommendations or experience with baggin' their Gen2 Tacoma?

Products Discussed in

To Top