Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2nd Gen Cruise control

Old 10-22-2009, 05:56 PM   #1
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
2nd Gen Cruise control

I have read every thread i could find, many of them old, and was wondering how many people have had success in retro fitting cruise into 09/10 tacomas. They seem to lack alot of neccessary wiring. I have extensive experience with electronics but it would be much easier to see if anyone has done this and hear there experience instead of disassembling my dash to reverse engineer the system. So far i have installed the power wire for the cruise and the power wire for the cruise light, as well as the ground wire. But, before i go spending money on a stalk and clutch switch i have to figure out how to retro fit the clutch switch w/o the stock wiring for it. Anyone?
Old 12-23-2009, 02:57 PM   #2
Wanderer32 is on a distinguished road

Wanderer32's Tacoma Gallery
I too am looking to fit cruise control to an 09'. Does anybody know if it is it as simple as the older models or is there more wiring and parts involved? Thanks.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:53 AM   #3
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
many things are similar but i lack the clutch switch wiring. i may have to run the wires all the way to the ECU behind the glovebox for the clutch switch and the cruise wiring...
Old 12-24-2009, 09:41 PM   #4
snyder is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
snyder's Tacoma Gallery
Why didnt you just buy your Tacoma with the cruise control already installed in it? I use my cruise control all the time on long road trips.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:44 PM   #5

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder View Post
Why didnt you just buy your Tacoma with the cruise control already installed in it? I use my cruise control all the time on long road trips.
because its not offered on new reg cabs iirc
Old 01-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #6
Fast_Fred is on a distinguished road
Fast_Fred's Tacoma Gallery
I have gone through the process of adding cruise to my 09 per a posting on ToyotaNation for a 2005+. I installed everything but could not locate the connector for the clutch switch. After disassembling the lower portion of the dash, I finally concluded that it was just not there. Anyone know if there is anything else missing on the 09 in addition to the the wiring for the clutch switch? What's the deal with the cruise light? Is that in the speedometer?
Old 01-11-2010, 04:38 PM   #7
Wanderer32 is on a distinguished road

Wanderer32's Tacoma Gallery
The cruise light is a green light that says "cruise" within your instrument panel. I believe it is below the speedometer. It comes on when you press the on button on the cruise control stalk. Can't help you with the clutch switch as mine is an automatic. I got lucky in that my truck was already wired like the older models. Didn't have to use the extra wiring that came with the Rostra cruise control kit for the 09.