1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Will this fog light switch work with this harness

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tunngavik, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Oct 22, 2009 at 8:20 PM
    Tunngavik

Tunngavik [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Off-Road Access Cab 6 speed manual
    KC-HiLites Fog Lamps, Kicker speaker and tweeter upgrade, USB in center console, Power tailgate lock, Soundproofing, 32" lightbar
    I purchased a Tacoma 05-09 OEM fog light switch off of ebay (seller was sikshan who a lot of people have bought a similar switch from).

I have not received the switch yet but have provided pictures below.

I also purchased a set of DEPO OEM fog lights with the relay and wiring harness (I checked my 2010 SR5 4x4 2.7l and it does not have them prewired - I cannot find anything by the bumper or where the fog lights are placed).

The seller of the fog lights said they ran out of the OEM harness and gave me a picture of the replacement. I was concerned that the replacement harness would not work with my switch.

Since I have not received either can someone tell me if the harness (see photo below) would fit into the OEM switch. I can't tell from the photos provided and was wondering if anyone else on the forum is familiar with it from their trucks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Oct 22, 2009 at 9:04 PM
    Tunngavik

Tunngavik [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Off-Road Access Cab 6 speed manual
    KC-HiLites Fog Lamps, Kicker speaker and tweeter upgrade, USB in center console, Power tailgate lock, Soundproofing, 32" lightbar
    Can the moderators please move this to the 2nd generation forums - looks like I posted this question in the wrong one - thanks.

3. Oct 22, 2009 at 9:37 PM
    uood8

uood8 If You Search...You Shall Find.

Member:
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Sr5 4x4 DCSB
    Pretty much stock
    its not going to plug in, but you can make it work. You'll have to get the oem harness to plug into the oem switch from the dealer or solder and splice the harness you have.

There is a diagram somewhere that shows which pins are what on the oem switch, but i can't find it right now. They are, power, ground, illumination, and output to fogs. Not sure of the order though.

4. Oct 22, 2009 at 9:53 PM
    msaniac

msaniac Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clemson, SC
    Vehicle:
    '09 DC 4x4 TRD Sport Longbed
    LED Bed Lights, Prodigy P3 Brake Controller, K&N Air Filter, Viper 5901 Alarm, Kenwood 9140 Headunit (Sirius/GPS/Backup Camera)
    [​IMG]
    According to the picture here is the order:
    Top is your input ground, then output, then ground, then +12v illumination.

Just wired up of these switches for my extra lighting.

This link helped me a lot:
    http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194356&highlight=illuminate+fog+light+switch

5. May 11, 2014 at 2:14 PM
    jdjonesiii

jdjonesiii Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Stone Mountain, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2014 2.7L 4x4 5 Speed
    new shift knob, intemitten windshield wiper assembly added for lights changed transmission fluid to Redline MT-90.
    Toyota fog light kit has everything. install in about 3 hours.

Gentlemen stop suffering with your fog light problems. Toyora Factory fog light kit with everything. I purchased and installed in about 3 hours. Plug and play. Link also has install instructions. Discounted price from this dealer. http://toyota-of-mcdonough-parts-2.t...light-kit-2012 John Stone Mountain Georgia

6. May 18, 2014 at 6:13 PM
    wiseowl

wiseowl Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2.7 4x4
    I brought fog light kit from Toyota dealer install about 4 hour follow all instruction and fog light won't come on, the switch green light was on. I don't know what happen. maybe toyota change the wire on the 2014 model very frustrated. Did you buy it from McDonough if you did maybe you can tell me where is 1a1 connector pictures 14 is confusing. I did find connector with all the matching color code wire from the instruction. That where I T-tap the wire and its not working. I appreciate any help Thanks.

7. May 19, 2014 at 4:41 AM
    jdjonesiii

jdjonesiii Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Stone Mountain, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2014 2.7L 4x4 5 Speed
    new shift knob, intemitten windshield wiper assembly added for lights changed transmission fluid to Redline MT-90.
    The fog lights will only come on when the lights are on. Will mot come on when on high beam. You will make connections to two different connectors harnesses in the cab. One connector has two connections t taps and are thin wires to connect to. The other connector harness has one connrction yellow t tap. Pull the instructions up on a computer for a better picture. Put a meter ot test light to the yellow t tap and you should have 12v. Get a good light and recheck your color codes on t tap connections. Make sure your t tap connectors are seated well. This toyota kit fits several years. It really helped to pull instructions uo on the computer for a better view. Make sure you have a good ground connection at the battery area.

Also note connectors are read from wiring side Not looking at the connector. Look at picture 14. Thet look backwards cause they are read holding the wiring in your hand and looking at the connector.

Last edited: May 19, 2014

Products Discussed in

To Top