Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Will this fog light switch work with this harness

Old 10-22-2009, 08:20 PM   #1
Tunngavik has a spectacular aura aboutTunngavik has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jason
Tunngavik's Tacoma Gallery
Will this fog light switch work with this harness

I purchased a Tacoma 05-09 OEM fog light switch off of ebay (seller was sikshan who a lot of people have bought a similar switch from).

I have not received the switch yet but have provided pictures below.

I also purchased a set of DEPO OEM fog lights with the relay and wiring harness (I checked my 2010 SR5 4x4 2.7l and it does not have them prewired - I cannot find anything by the bumper or where the fog lights are placed).

The seller of the fog lights said they ran out of the OEM harness and gave me a picture of the replacement. I was concerned that the replacement harness would not work with my switch.

Since I have not received either can someone tell me if the harness (see photo below) would fit into the OEM switch. I can't tell from the photos provided and was wondering if anyone else on the forum is familiar with it from their trucks.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:04 PM   #2
Tunngavik has a spectacular aura aboutTunngavik has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jason
Tunngavik's Tacoma Gallery
Can the moderators please move this to the 2nd generation forums - looks like I posted this question in the wrong one - thanks.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:37 PM   #3
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
its not going to plug in, but you can make it work. You'll have to get the oem harness to plug into the oem switch from the dealer or solder and splice the harness you have.

There is a diagram somewhere that shows which pins are what on the oem switch, but i can't find it right now. They are, power, ground, illumination, and output to fogs. Not sure of the order though.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:53 PM   #4
msaniac is a glorious beacon of lightmsaniac is a glorious beacon of lightmsaniac is a glorious beacon of lightmsaniac is a glorious beacon of lightmsaniac is a glorious beacon of light
msaniac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by uood8 View Post
its not going to plug in, but you can make it work. You'll have to get the oem harness to plug into the oem switch from the dealer or solder and splice the harness you have.

There is a diagram somewhere that shows which pins are what on the oem switch, but i can't find it right now. They are, power, ground, illumination, and output to fogs. Not sure of the order though.

According to the picture here is the order:
Top is your input ground, then output, then ground, then +12v illumination.

Just wired up of these switches for my extra lighting.

This link helped me a lot:
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...g+light+switch
Old 05-11-2014, 02:14 PM   #5
jdjonesiii is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Com Nav maintenance
Name: John
jdjonesiii's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota fog light kit has everything. install in about 3 hours.

Gentlemen stop suffering with your fog light problems. Toyora Factory fog light kit with everything. I purchased and installed in about 3 hours. Plug and play. Link also has install instructions. Discounted price from this dealer. http://****************************-2.t...light-kit-2012 John Stone Mountain Georgia
Old 05-18-2014, 06:13 PM   #6
wiseowl is on a distinguished road
Name: john
wiseowl's Tacoma Gallery
fog light not working

I brought fog light kit from Toyota dealer install about 4 hour follow all instruction and fog light won't come on, the switch green light was on. I don't know what happen. maybe toyota change the wire on the 2014 model very frustrated. Did you buy it from McDonough if you did maybe you can tell me where is 1a1 connector pictures 14 is confusing. I did find connector with all the matching color code wire from the instruction. That where I T-tap the wire and its not working. I appreciate any help Thanks.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:41 AM   #7
jdjonesiii is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Com Nav maintenance
Name: John
jdjonesiii's Tacoma Gallery
The fog lights will only come on when the lights are on. Will mot come on when on high beam. You will make connections to two different connectors harnesses in the cab. One connector has two connections t taps and are thin wires to connect to. The other connector harness has one connrction yellow t tap. Pull the instructions up on a computer for a better picture. Put a meter ot test light to the yellow t tap and you should have 12v. Get a good light and recheck your color codes on t tap connections. Make sure your t tap connectors are seated well. This toyota kit fits several years. It really helped to pull instructions uo on the computer for a better view. Make sure you have a good ground connection at the battery area.

Also note connectors are read from wiring side Not looking at the connector. Look at picture 14. Thet look backwards cause they are read holding the wiring in your hand and looking at the connector.