Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Do or Dont do???

View Poll Results: Should I put on rear 1" blocks?
Yes do it! 11 33.33%
WTF no freakin way! 22 66.67%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2009, 05:20 PM   #1
Alaska Dude
akwagon is just really niceakwagon is just really niceakwagon is just really niceakwagon is just really nice

Name: chris
akwagon's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to akwagon
Do or Dont do???

My truck is sitting exactly level front and rear, but a little weight in the back and I have saggy butt. I have 1" rear blocks sitting in my garage, put them on or not??
Old 10-23-2009, 05:20 PM   #2
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Blocks suck. If anything, do an AAL. Best of luck!
Old 10-23-2009, 05:22 PM   #3
Alaska Dude
akwagon is just really niceakwagon is just really niceakwagon is just really niceakwagon is just really nice

akwagon's Tacoma Gallery
Its only a 1" block, so dont think it will do much. Plus they are in my garage.... (Free)...
Old 10-23-2009, 05:29 PM   #4
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
true, a 1" block shouldn't hurt. personally id get a custom 1" aal made to increase load capacity and it will just be a better bet to do. but a block of that size should be too bad. i say do it if you dont wanna get an aal
Old 10-23-2009, 05:31 PM   #5
Alaska Dude

akwagon's Tacoma Gallery
I have had the TSB done to.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:37 PM   #6
CanadianGuy is on a distinguished road

CanadianGuy's Tacoma Gallery
toytec aal!
Old 10-23-2009, 05:43 PM   #7
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Go with FREE first!!
Old 10-23-2009, 05:57 PM   #8
flyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to allflyingface is a name known to all

Name: Zach
flyingface's Tacoma Gallery
Sell the blocks and get a $80 toytec aal.
Old 10-23-2009, 06:05 PM   #9
frankrizzo1 has a spectacular aura aboutfrankrizzo1 has a spectacular aura aboutfrankrizzo1 has a spectacular aura about

frankrizzo1's Tacoma Gallery
I also want to lift the back end 1" maximum. I heard pro comp makes a short aal that should get the job done. Also considering the 1" block as well. Anyone have the toytec 1.5 aal....... does it settle at all?
Old 10-24-2009, 06:48 AM   #10
stephen417 is on a distinguished road

stephen417's Tacoma Gallery
block or leaf

With a block only 1 inch is not so bad.With blocks you can get wraping or weel hop on a hard take off,But with the add aleaf the rear end will make the ride realy stiff !rougher ride
Old 10-24-2009, 06:55 AM   #11
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
I will vote no.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:08 AM   #12
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
I vote no as well. Blocks increase axle wrap like mentioned before, and they don't increase load capacity so your springs with still sag just as much as they do now. Blocks go under the springs so they won't even increase the gap between the bump stops so you'll still bottom out under the same amount of weight.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:26 AM   #13
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
another vote for no
Old 10-24-2009, 07:34 AM   #14
mike s is on a distinguished road
Navy: subs
Name: Mike
mike s's Tacoma Gallery
What is the worst that could happen? I say put them on, and if you don't like the result, then go with the AAL
Old 10-24-2009, 07:44 AM   #15
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike s View Post
What is the worst that could happen? I say put them on, and if you don't like the result, then go with the AAL
Well for one, he'll be taking the time to rip apart the suspension an extra time if he doesn't like it. Personally, I hate having to redo work because I didn't do it right the first time.

I wanted the TSB done, but I wasn't motivated enough to take my AAL out, go to the dealership, get it done, and then put the AAL back. But maybe he likes suspension work.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:14 AM   #16
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
Well for one, he'll be taking the time to rip apart the suspension an extra time if he doesn't like it. Personally, I hate having to redo work because I didn't do it right the first time.

I wanted the TSB done, but I wasn't motivated enough to take my AAL out, go to the dealership, get it done, and then put the AAL back. But maybe he likes suspension work.
What this guy said ^^^^
Old 10-24-2009, 09:24 AM   #17
stephen417 is on a distinguished road

stephen417's Tacoma Gallery
hey what about those air ride coil packs by fire stone, they bolt in you adjust the hight and load cap with air andthere about $200 bucks
Old 10-24-2009, 09:56 AM   #19
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
hey Ive got a pair of toytec AALs sitting in my garage, they are used but in good shape. PM me if your interested
Old 10-24-2009, 10:03 AM   #20
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant future
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Snyperx Send a message via Yahoo to Snyperx Send a message via Skype™ to Snyperx
No vote here. Like everyone else said go with an AAL. I got mine from Wheelers Offroad, but Toytec also offers one. Make sure it is the longer AAL, not the short ass one that Pro Comp makes. Also make sure it comes with anti-friction pads. Good luck.