Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

bull bars

Old 10-24-2009, 02:00 PM   #1
fibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant future
Name: roger
fibertop's Tacoma Gallery
bull bars

I'm looking to beef up the look of the front of my truck a bit. Without going to a full brush guard, what are my options? If I go with a bull bar, are Westins worth the extra dough? any help or ideas would be appreciated.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:01 PM   #2
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I would just go with an ARB if you can afford it.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:15 PM   #4
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cole
cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cole47
not a big fan on those but that one looks pretty sweet
Old 10-24-2009, 02:16 PM   #5
fibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant future
Looks great on your truck. I was thinking a black tube with stainless skid plate would look best on mine.
Attached Thumbnails
bull bars-taco2.jpg  
Old 10-24-2009, 02:33 PM   #7
[quote=rhoppas;1056533]Here is the Hunter bar in black.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyot...ies[/quote]

Thanks. What happens with the factory skid plate. Is it just removed?
Old 10-24-2009, 03:10 PM   #8
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
That Hunter one looks pretty cool. I have a black Aries myself and love it. And no, you don't remove the factory skid plate. Here's my black aries.

Old 10-24-2009, 03:21 PM   #9
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
I am not completely sure but I think you do have to remove the optional OEM skid plate to use the Hunter bar. I did not have the OEM skid plate so it was not an issue for me. You should check with the manufacturer.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:23 PM   #10
I think I read in the Westin install doc that you lose the skid plate
Old 10-24-2009, 03:23 PM   #11
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
hate hate hate bull bars
Old 10-24-2009, 03:27 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3Tacos View Post
hate hate hate bull bars
What would you recommend then? I would prefer something finer like a nudge bar but haven't seen any for Tacos
Old 10-24-2009, 03:28 PM   #13
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibertop View Post
I think I read in the Westin install doc that you lose the skid plate
That would be odd since they're virtually identical to the Aries bar I'd imagine they mount in the same location.

But yes if you have the optional skid plate that does have to be removed.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:31 PM   #14
scrtsql is on a distinguished road

scrtsql's Tacoma Gallery
rhoppas i like your set up i have the rubber mats i should have went with the ones you have how much did those run for and also the front bars i want that set up in black .. your truck is really nice
Old 10-24-2009, 03:41 PM   #15
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the compliments scrtsql. It's been fun getting it to this point. I think I am about done with it, at least on the exterior. I would still like to put on some angry eyelids.

My mats are Weathertechs. They are hugely popular on this website. They come up on the sides so no water/snow/dirt can get outside the mat. I believe they are about $100 for the front set or $160 for all 4. Well worth the money in my opinion.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:46 PM   #16
scrtsql is on a distinguished road

scrtsql's Tacoma Gallery
Rhopass how about the bull bars did you get them their or where did u order them from
Old 10-24-2009, 03:51 PM   #17
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoppas View Post
Here's a Hunter brand bar that will save you some cash if you like the looks. More pics in my gallery...

rhoppas - nice! I have the Hunter nerf bars and have been looking at their bull bar for light mounts but couldn't find pics on a SWB Sport. Thanks for the pic, that pretty much made up my mind.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:54 PM   #18
Land of Oz

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
It has been almost 2 years since I bought mine. I think I got them from the site below. However, this site doesn't list the bar for Tacomas now. I believe the ebay site I posted above is the same people just selling on ebay.

http://www.huntertruckwholesale.com/
Old 10-24-2009, 06:39 PM   #19
Old Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old Soul's Tacoma Gallery
the avid offroad artic bull bar looks sweet on these trucks, imho

weighs about 60 pounds, I think
Old 10-24-2009, 06:49 PM   #20
Land of Oz

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Soul View Post
the avid offroad artic bull bar looks sweet on these trucks, imho
I agree. I still love my bull bar but I think if I were doing it over today I would probably get one of those instead. I don't think they were an option 2 years ago...