Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

09 access cab rear seats...

Old 10-24-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
gologit is on a distinguished road

Army: Medic...Air Cav  66-70
Name: Bob
Location: Up the hill from Grass Valley. Born and raised in northern Cal. Live and work in the Sierras.
gologit's Tacoma Gallery
09 access cab rear seats...

What's the best way to get them out? I'd settle for just getting rid of those goofy head-rests but I'd rather just chuck the whole thing for more cargo room.

I've already considered a cutting torch, a wrecking bar, a chainsaw, and and explosives but I'd rather just lose the rear seats and keep the pickup.

Thanks for the help.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gologit View Post
I've already considered a cutting torch, a wrecking bar, a chainsaw, and and explosives but I'd rather just lose the rear seats and keep the pickup.

Thanks for the help.
i say all the above and tape it and post the video please. someone here posted pics on the removal of them.someone will post the link
Old 10-25-2009, 05:40 AM   #3
gologit is on a distinguished road

Army: Medic...Air Cav  66-70
Name: Bob
Location: Up the hill from Grass Valley. Born and raised in northern Cal. Live and work in the Sierras.
gologit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gologit View Post
What's the best way to get them out? I'd settle for just getting rid of those goofy head-rests but I'd rather just chuck the whole thing for more cargo room.

Thanks for the help.

Bump....Anybody got information on this? I'm tuning my Stihl.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:46 AM   #4
Taco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement:
Taco's for All's Tacoma Gallery
I've thought about ditching the rear seats as well, already ditched the head rests and it seems like I can fit more. I think the carpet and everything is molded to the shape of the storage under the seats so w/o a lot of cutting I don't see it coming out very clean and stock looking. Good luck though.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:10 AM   #5
mcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mcgiiver's Tacoma Gallery
Pull the hard plastic trim straight away from the back wall. It will pop off, you might break some of the clips. Then simply unbolt headrests. Seats , remove trim cover from hinge points and unbolt them. I removed them and the rear seat belts, why carry around extra weight which I will never, ever use.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:23 AM   #6
Taco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud ofTaco's for All has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement:
Taco's for All's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgiiver View Post
Pull the hard plastic trim straight away from the back wall. It will pop off, you might break some of the clips. Then simply unbolt headrests. Seats , remove trim cover from hinge points and unbolt them. I removed them and the rear seat belts, why carry around extra weight which I will never, ever use.
Do you have pictures of this? I would like to see what the back seat area looks like w/o anything back there.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:37 PM   #8
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Don't have any plans to gut the rear seats of my 2010 yet but the ones in My 2007 access-cab served me much better with the nice flat cargo deck it provided.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:42 PM   #9
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
My headrests would be off if I could get that damned sub enclosure off. It is a tough bitch indeed. I posted in that other thread and several others about changing the 09 AC back seats out for a pre-09 and received little to no help. I don't think anyone has done it as it is pricey. The post-08 seats suck ass!