Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

rattling noise when cold

Old 12-09-2010, 03:12 PM   #21
wyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwyotaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: BLM/FS
wyotaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Found this thread last night and fixed that VERY ANNOYING rattle that has been driving me f'in crazy lately!! Tried three times to find it earlier this year behind the glovebox where I was sure it was coming from. Had girlfriend drive me around twice with glovebox and coverplate removed searching with my hand trying to locate it..( rattle was happening from 1100-1500 rpm and constant going 40-45...) Popped the hood and folded up a small piece of cardboard enough to fill the gap and put pressure where the air intake goes into the right fender.

No more buzz. Thanks TW, that buzz was driving insane
Old 02-16-2011, 10:17 AM   #22
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
rex99's Tacoma Gallery
nevermindguess i fixed it. relocated a hose clamp that was banging on the heat shield
Old 10-28-2011, 07:28 PM   #23
mwtaco has a spectacular aura aboutmwtaco has a spectacular aura about
mwtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Thompson View Post
YUP!!! My biggest rattling was reversing out of the driveway in the morning. It did not happen much when it was warmer during the summer, but when it started to get cool in the mornings, I noticed the rattle.

I am pretty sure your fix is in adding some foam padding to the CAI hole in the fender. Should take you about two minutes.
Could anyone be more specific on how to add this foam. Thx!
Old 10-28-2011, 07:39 PM   #24
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
When you pull the CAI out of the fender you'll see the old worn out foam padding. I just scraped it off with a utility knife and put two plies of weather stripping around that area.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:51 PM   #25
mwtaco has a spectacular aura aboutmwtaco has a spectacular aura about
mwtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Great. Thx asgard!
Old 10-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #26
bottomline is on a distinguished road
Name: mike
bottomline's Tacoma Gallery
DASH RATTLE GONE

Changed my spark plugs, and created a consistant rattle in the dash( a more consistant one it already had).I Backtracked all the things I may have tweaked. I went online to a thread on rattling dash & Found the fix in a 2009&2010 post. I pulled out the air intake on the right side of the fender, and addedsome adhesive stripping to avoid metal contact with the intake air box. No more rattle, a new set of denso plugs, saved over a hundred bucks,thanks for all the infomative threads, and a shout out to Chris for his post. Now my Tacoma is perfect!
Old 10-20-2012, 09:26 AM   #27
kim414may is on a distinguished road
kim414may's Tacoma Gallery
late post

Hi, I think I similar problem with my prerunner. Does the rattle noise sound anything like this? I want to narrow the possibilities down before taking it in to my mechanic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQpH0GIcTgg

The truck runs fine. It has 150 k miles. Oil level is at full. This only happens during cold starts and it longer with colder mornings. Started about last yr winter.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #28
No, My sound came form inside the cab. It was coming from inside the dash area closer to the center of the dash and glovebox. I traced it to the fender, where the intake air goes into an air box and then to the air filter.It sounded more like something hollow like an air duct rattle. Yours sound more like a mechanical sound.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #29
Yours sounds more like lifters or valves?