LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Center Console Removal w/ pics

Old 12-10-2009, 08:05 AM   #21
EricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EricT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by briangp View Post
I think I do this once every month or two... it helps to pull the console out to clean it. I run it under hot water in the sink to get rid of the sticky stufff wooooo wheeee
What on earth are you doing to your console man? I mean, I like my truck as much as the next guy... well maybe not as much as THIS guy...

Old 12-11-2009, 01:23 AM   #22
FARNORCAL is a jewel in the roughFARNORCAL is a jewel in the roughFARNORCAL is a jewel in the rough
Coast Guard: MK
Name: Ryan
FARNORCAL's Tacoma Gallery
great write up ill be using this to install my iPod Adapter in the center console compartment.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:57 AM   #23
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
I have mine in the glove box now. I'd really like 2 C some pics B 4, during and after the ipod adapter install. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FARNORCAL View Post
great write up ill be using this to install my iPod Adapter in the center console compartment.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:04 AM   #24
ExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
ExpoSpy's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone mounted their cb in the center console? Just curious, I'm thinking of doing that in my truck and run the mic cable and aux speaker to different locations. Thoughts? Positive/Negative thanks guys!
Old 12-22-2009, 10:58 PM   #25
Sideways is just really niceSideways is just really niceSideways is just really niceSideways is just really nice

Sideways's Tacoma Gallery
Great write up Taco's, Thanks
Old 01-05-2010, 03:05 PM   #26
10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light
Marines:
Name: Dillon
10.21's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty Gnarly. Does anyone have any idea (or a link to a thread...did a search already) how to do this same concept except on the left side of the steering wheel (by the fog light switch etc.). I was thinking of running the wiring to a winch through there and putting the switch in one of those empty spots.

Or...Does anyone have a different set-up of how the operate their winch from the inside. [I know you usually just run it from outside, but I'm a Motor T guy in the Marine Corps and would like my dash to resemble that of a 7-ton; chyut]
Old 01-05-2010, 07:33 PM   #27
in2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4/27th FA... MLRS.... Wertheim Germany
Name: James
in2nite's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundman1463 View Post
Has anyone mounted their cb in the center console? Just curious, I'm thinking of doing that in my truck and run the mic cable and aux speaker to different locations. Thoughts? Positive/Negative thanks guys!
i have mine mounted in the center console.. ill post a pic for u tommorow
Old 02-02-2010, 06:38 AM   #28
MotoNerd
Caddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud ofCaddmannq has much to be proud of

Caddmannq's Tacoma Gallery
I can't tell for certain, but my truck has the 400 watt power inverter mounted under the console and it looks as if the OP's truck does not.

I'd assume the procedure is a little different. Maybe?

Any ideas out there?
Old 02-08-2010, 12:02 PM   #29
Banned
ShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaShasBoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Forward Observer
Name: Casey
ShaShasBoo's Tacoma Gallery
Awsome write up and great pics. Thinking of trying this a painting my console black. Heard of anybody doing this and what paints they have used?
Old 02-18-2010, 06:00 PM   #30
guitarcrzy21 is on a distinguished road
Marines: 2nd AA BN
Name: Ben
guitarcrzy21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by george3 View Post
Nice. Would a Center Console Removal for a stick shift be similar, I wonder ?
Curious George
yes it is much the same. you just have to unscrew the shifter knob then remove the boot. other than that it is the same.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:57 PM   #32
Dr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant future

Air Force: Active Duty AF physician
Name: Shane
Dr. Sleep's Tacoma Gallery
I had to do this to run my iPod controller into the console:

And to make my custom dual battery gauges and winch controller:

Old 02-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #33
Three Percenter
SampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Steve
SampleFool's Tacoma Gallery
Yea this was a useful write up, used it for my lights this past week end. thumbs up
Old 02-24-2010, 01:34 PM   #34
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
My PA15-TOY is in the glove box. I like what you did. Could you supply some details ? How do you get the wire thru the grommet and thru the bottom of the center console ? The ends of the wire, especially the end in the pic are too big. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sleep View Post
I had to do this to run my iPod controller into the console:

And to make my custom dual battery gauges and winch controller:

Old 02-24-2010, 02:12 PM   #35
Dr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant futureDr. Sleep has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by george3 View Post
My PA15-TOY is in the glove box. I like what you did. Could you supply some details ? How do you get the wire thru the grommet and thru the bottom of the center console ? The ends of the wire, especially the end in the pic are too big. Thanks.
Yeah, my solution was to use a sharp blade (hobby knife) to cut the cardboard/carpet console bottom in a straight line (as shown by the yellow line in the pic). I cut directly from the edge to a hole I drilled large enough for the rubber grommet. Once you put it back flat, you can't see the cut b/c fo the carpety bottom.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:29 PM   #36
ROMbler is a splendid one to beholdROMbler is a splendid one to beholdROMbler is a splendid one to beholdROMbler is a splendid one to beholdROMbler is a splendid one to beholdROMbler is a splendid one to behold
Name: John
ROMbler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anathollo View Post
Awesome! Great writeup! I've been hoping someone would do this!
ditto!
Old 02-25-2010, 12:47 PM   #37
george3's Tacoma Gallery
Wow. Not whip em out wed. just wow. I'm impressed with you computer skill, the yellow line and arrow in the pic. Thanks for sharing you secret. I guess it's a split grommet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sleep View Post
Yeah, my solution was to use a sharp blade (hobby knife) to cut the cardboard/carpet console bottom in a straight line (as shown by the yellow line in the pic). I cut directly from the edge to a hole I drilled large enough for the rubber grommet. Once you put it back flat, you can't see the cut b/c fo the carpety bottom.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:56 AM   #38
10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light
Marines:
Name: Dillon
10.21's Tacoma Gallery
I like what you did with the winch set-up. I'm thinking of doing the same but basically gut out the whole center console and customize it myself. Where do you get the mountings for all of that so it looks nice and not just hanging wire and switches?
Old 02-26-2010, 03:54 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10.21 View Post
I like what you did with the winch set-up. I'm thinking of doing the same but basically gut out the whole center console and customize it myself. Where do you get the mountings for all of that so it looks nice and not just hanging wire and switches?
See here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...ontroller.html
Old 07-17-2010, 09:23 AM   #40
Jonniebb is on a distinguished road

Name: Jon
Jonniebb's Tacoma Gallery
[/url[/IMG]Awesome! I have been looking for this (with pictures). Seeing stuff sure helps and often saves a few screw ups. I will try and post some pictures with the 6-speed.

Picture just shows dash dismatled and the worker's aid (Sam Adams).