Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Center Console Removal w/ pics

Old 07-17-2010, 12:11 PM   #41
IdahoNomad is on a distinguished road
Army: Psychological Operations
Name: Sean
IdahoNomad's Tacoma Gallery
The hardest part for me was figuring out that there were 2 screws under the carpeted section (had a dummy moment with the Haynes manual). I rain my cb coax under the center console and mounted the box on the right side under the dash. Helped make the install look much cleaner.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:09 PM   #42
Jonniebb is on a distinguished road

Name: Jon
Jonniebb's Tacoma Gallery
Okay, The difference between Auto and Manual was not worth a picture. As soon as I removed the storage console it all pretty much slipped out. I did end up with a couple extra parts, a clip that popped off from somewhere. I hope am not sorry later.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:59 AM   #43
Frankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant futureFrankoo1234 has a brilliant future

Frankoo1234's Tacoma Gallery
hey so has anyone painted the whole piece?? thats my next project..
Old 02-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #44
williamss is on a distinguished road
williamss's Tacoma Gallery
Center console

Excellent write up! I'm installing amp. Running the wires from the head unit to under the drivers side seat, trying to figure a way to remove console, I could not feel for any bolts in compartment and the service manual wasn't much help. Thanks for taking the time take photos of this.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #45
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Shemicals's Tacoma Gallery
subbed
Old 05-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #46
Grue00 is on a distinguished road
Grue00's Tacoma Gallery
Great write up and pics. Thank you.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #47
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
If you really want to get crazy......

Here's everything you need to rip your entire interior dash/radio/consoles out.

Instrument Panel Safety Pad: Precaution, Components
http://www.customtacos.com/tech/file...a/06000110.pdf

Instrument Panel Safety Pad: Removal
http://www.customtacos.com/tech/file...06ta/06000.pdf

Instrument Panel Safety Pad: Installation
http://www.customtacos.com/tech/file...6ta/060000.pdf
Old 05-26-2012, 06:06 AM   #48
yellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud of

yellowrubiu's Tacoma Gallery
That's awesome. Thanks for posting those links.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #49
Slizzy will become famous soon enough

Slizzy's Tacoma Gallery
Oh hell ya, you just saved me a trip to the stealer ship .

I just bought a used 2009 taco and the right side of the console is loose.

Of course the idiots at service can't tell me nothing about nothing.

Rattles when hitting bumps, very annoying.

I will fix it myself now, stupid stealership amazing forum
Old 02-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #51
Ratfinkstaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Rat
Ratfinkstaco's Tacoma Gallery
BIG QUESTION! i was planing to fab a custom base plate/ face that i would mount my HAM radio on. Right now i just have my radio sitting in the storage compartment in front of the cup holder, right under the cigarette lighter plug ins. How much space to you have behind that? if any? if the wiring that you see on the pic basically right up against the rear plastic back base? i could install it without cutting that piece out and just fit it over but i dont like the angle it sits in. if i could push it back one in more i could set it in a different angle and look a lot better. any answer helps. it will save me the time on removing it and finding out. Thanks. or the disparate act of just going in there and cutting the piece out and finding out. Thanks guys.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:43 PM   #52
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratfinkstaco View Post
BIG QUESTION! i was planing to fab a custom base plate/ face that i would mount my HAM radio on. Right now i just have my radio sitting in the storage compartment in front of the cup holder, right under the cigarette lighter plug ins. How much space to you have behind that? if any? if the wiring that you see on the pic basically right up against the rear plastic back base? i could install it without cutting that piece out and just fit it over but i dont like the angle it sits in. if i could push it back one in more i could set it in a different angle and look a lot better. any answer helps. it will save me the time on removing it and finding out. Thanks. or the disparate act of just going in there and cutting the piece out and finding out. Thanks guys.
Welcome to Tacoma World. There is room behind the plastic wall you are asking about. Get doun in the foot well and you can see the space available or feel it with your hand. The center console removal is pretty easy as well.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #53
Ratfinkstaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Rat
Ratfinkstaco's Tacoma Gallery
cool. thanks man. now i have a project for the weekend. Ive seen lots of helpful stuff on here, Love it. ill put some pics of my recent projects and pics of my truck once i get a chance.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #54
tacomatrdod is on a distinguished road
tacomatrdod's Tacoma Gallery
You can easily remove the bottom panel by pinching the carpet and pulling up, rather than using a tool and perhaps bending the card
Old 08-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #55
jmdesi13 is on a distinguished road
jmdesi13's Tacoma Gallery
amazing! Great writeup!
Old 10-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #56
fortapache
fortapache is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Drill Sergeant, Patrol Sergeant
fortapache's Tacoma Gallery
USB power

I was planning to add a few USB power ports for the back seat passengers. These instructions are a great help. Thank you!
Old 10-31-2013, 11:36 AM   #57
ramonortiz55 is just really niceramonortiz55 is just really niceramonortiz55 is just really niceramonortiz55 is just really nice

Name: Ramon
ramonortiz55's Tacoma Gallery
this is just what I needed for running wires to a power outlet mod im doing
Old 11-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #58
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortapache View Post
I was planning to add a few USB power ports for the back seat passengers. These instructions are a great help. Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonortiz55 View Post
this is just what I needed for running wires to a power outlet mod im doing
Yep. Thanks OP
Old 11-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #59
Toyota4Honda2 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jeremiah
Toyota4Honda2's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Thanks for the write-up! Looking to run some switches for my emergency lights and controller in the console. I always hate just pulling on trim pieces, hoping they are just "snapped" in. Thanks
Old 02-19-2014, 11:39 AM   #60
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
subbed.
Plan to wire console switches for lights and my camper