Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Boston Acoustics SR65/SR95 in front?

Old 10-25-2009, 03:38 PM   #1
Davell is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
Davell's Tacoma Gallery
Boston Acoustics SR65/SR95 in front?

Still undecided on replacement speakers but am leaning toward Bostons SR. Not sure what size to put in.I am a little confused on using components and fitting the tweeters. Want an easy install. I plan on buying Pioneer DEH P610BT receiver with a Kicker 082X350.4 amp . No sub. I have a 2010 DBL CAB SR5 no JBL system. Any feedback appreciated.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:02 PM   #2
What's all this, then?
atebit will become famous soon enoughatebit will become famous soon enough

Army: Defend and Serve
atebit's Tacoma Gallery
I put Boston S65RC's in the front of my 09 AC a few weeks back. Installation was super easy...just go to tacotunes.com & a pretty girl will show you all the steps. I'd recommend their mounting kits too

WRT the speakers themselves, the jury is still out. So far I'm not impressed, no substantial difference between the bostons & the paper factory speakers IMHO. But maybe they're just not broken in yet. I have a kenwood dnx-5120 HU. thinking about adding the kenwood swc10 compact sub under the drivers seat at some point.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:09 PM   #3
Davell is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
Davell's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard with Bostons that you should really have an amp driving them. I can't believe they should not make a huge difference. You got me thinking.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:34 PM   #4
ElPhantasmo&TheChickenRunBlastarama
rutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud of
rutherk1's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rutherk1
I'm running bostons up front with an eclipse head unit. The head unit it powering them. They do really well. Bostons are good sensitive speakers so you don't need a lot of power.

Bostons are very pleasent sounding speakers. I have been using them since MB Quart went tits up. They are as close as I have found in pleasent sounding speakers.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:44 PM   #5
What's all this, then?

atebit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutherk1 View Post
I'm running bostons up front with an eclipse head unit. The head unit it powering them. They do really well. Bostons are good sensitive speakers so you don't need a lot of power.

Bostons are very pleasent sounding speakers. I have been using them since MB Quart went tits up. They are as close as I have found in pleasent sounding speakers.
Agreed, I'm a normally a Boston guy both at home & in the car. But for some reason, these aren't making it IMHO. Maybe the sub will help. Or maybe my ears are going.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:17 PM   #6
What's all this, then?

atebit's Tacoma Gallery
Installed a Kenwood KSC-SW10 powered subwoofer under the drivers seat last weekend, and it makes ALL the difference. The DNX-5120 HU with the Boston S65RCs in the front with this sub sounds great now.

The KSC-SW10 is a tight fit under the drivers seat, but it does fit. All I needed to do was remove the four bolts holding the seat in so I could lift the rear of the seat an inch or so for the the subwoofer to clear the rear edge of the seat as I slid it underneath. The subwoofer itself fits underneath the "cushion" area of the seat, so once it's in position, the rear edge of the seat is no longer in the way. I was able to bolt the seat back down with no problems.

The sub has a wired remote control that allows you to control the volume, frequency response and phase. I don't need or want anywhere near the chassis-rattling bass you hear coming from a lot of cars, so I have this dialed down pretty low, but it definetly gets the job done.

I found this sub on Amazon for around $114 + shipping. Highly recommend it!