1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A/C light flashing

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by johanneshoogenboom, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Oct 26, 2009 at 9:41 AM
    johanneshoogenboom

johanneshoogenboom [OP] Member

Member:
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 2005 dbl cab TRD
    Hey all

The A/C light in my 2005 Tacoma dbl cab TRD flashes when the heating fan is on. The fan is also making a ticking noise when its on. I can push the A/C button when its flashing and it will stop flashing for a bit, but then starts again.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

2. Oct 26, 2009 at 11:07 AM
    DDD

DDD Shine bright like a hymen

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Does hot air come out when the heater is on?

Does cold air come out when the A/C is on?

Does the air come out of the selected vents?

The ticking noise is usually some leaves or debris inside of the fan. On a 2005 I do not believe you have a cabin air filter. But, that should not cause the A/C light to flash.

You can use this guide to troubleshoot the A/C system (its from the FSM) but it does not describe a flashing A/C light. You may have to replace the A/C Amplifier.

3. Oct 26, 2009 at 12:01 PM
    TacoMOnster07

TacoMOnster07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 6speed 4x4 BSP Sr5
    BHLM, Grillcraft, Urd SS, Urd TCAI, Urd MAF Calibrator, AeroTurbine Exhaust, TacoTune Single Din, Two 8" Infinity Subs, 12-13000 HID's, Xtreme Bedrack light bar with two KC 4 by 6 lights.
    Without diagnosing myself don't know why your a/c light is on. The ticking is the fan out of balance. There are screws that you can adjust to stop the ticking. The faster the fan the faster the tick. I believe you do have an in cabin air filter as my 07 does. Pull that out and see if you can see any leaf's or debris on the fan.

4. Oct 26, 2009 at 12:26 PM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    I've also had both issues. I haven't been able to figure out what causes the A/C light to blink. It seems to be intermittent and doesn't happen very often on mine. The flashing of the light doesn't seem to affect the operation of the A/C compressor or be related to the temperature setting. Sounds like yours happens more often. Could be a loose connection to the led or the amplifier as mentioned earlier.

The fan blower ticking can be caused by a few things as mentioned earlier in this thread: debris in the fan, time to change cabin air filter, or the screws that hold the blower in place could be loose. However, mine quit ticking over the summer and I'm expecting it to begin ticking again this winter when the outside temp is colder. For more info on the screws try searching the 2nd gen forum for "fan tick" or something like that. The blower can be removed pretty easily to check/empty it of debris.

Also, FWIW I bought my 05 used and it came with the cabin air filter.

Products Discussed in

To Top