Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Got my lift on yesterday

Old 02-11-2008, 06:35 PM   #21
moraink is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Soon to be MSgt
moraink's Tacoma Gallery
I want to thank everyone. I put a ton of thought into the set up, starting with the nerf bars. Light colored truck I wanted black nerf bars. To tie all of that in I wanted some black on the wheels and after lots of looking around, when I saw those I knew that was the one's I wanted. I've had the truck since April and just found the wheels I wanted in the last couple of months. Needless to say I put a lot of thought into it, probably too much.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:40 PM   #22
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
not at all. i know what you mean. i had a vision in my head of what i wanted my truck to look like and didn't rest until i accomplished it.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:47 PM   #23
dbbd1 is on a distinguished road

dbbd1's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great. Does anyone know if we can use the AAL's if we have had the TSB done?

Thanks.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:57 PM   #24
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
just guessin here, but i think you could add about as many leafs as you wanted.... the ride is just gonna get rougher and stiffer the more you add.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:08 AM   #25
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks sick man!
Old 02-12-2008, 07:02 AM   #26
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbd1 View Post
Looks great. Does anyone know if we can use the AAL's if we have had the TSB done?

Thanks.
I have been told you cant use an AAL with the TSB. i dont know if its not possible or just not recomended since your back end will feel hard as a rock. i would personally not do it if i were you
Old 02-13-2008, 04:44 AM   #27
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
I was told by Toytec that another leaf wouldn't fit in addition to the ride being way too stiff.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:44 AM   #28
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli View Post
I was told by Toytec that another leaf wouldn't fit in addition to the ride being way too stiff.
i would say that is most likely the case. even if you could find a way to make it fit the ride would probably be unbearable
Old 02-13-2008, 04:26 PM   #29

moraink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli View Post
I was told the same.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:04 PM   #30
dbbd1 is on a distinguished road

dbbd1's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, guys. Anyone want to buy an AAL set?
Old 02-14-2008, 07:30 AM   #31

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbbd1 View Post
Thanks, guys. Anyone want to buy an AAL set?
i'm sure someone does. post the details in the Buy/Sell section
Old 02-14-2008, 11:28 AM   #32
JavaJoe is on a distinguished road
JavaJoe's Tacoma Gallery
Looks Good!
I love those DC-1's.
Have you experienced any of the driveline shudder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moraink View Post
I want to thank everyone. I put a ton of thought into the set up, starting with the nerf bars. Light colored truck I wanted black nerf bars. To tie all of that in I wanted some black on the wheels and after lots of looking around, when I saw those I knew that was the one's I wanted. I've had the truck since April and just found the wheels I wanted in the last couple of months. Needless to say I put a lot of thought into it, probably too much.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:47 PM   #33

moraink's Tacoma Gallery
I have some, but only at 50 MPH.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:12 AM   #34
dbatt is on a distinguished road
dbatt's Tacoma Gallery
Moraink where did you get the lift done and was cost very much. I also live in SA and would like to get mine done but a little worried because I don't know alot about lifts and don't want to get ripped off. Truck looks fabulous