LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TSB for T/O Bearing Issue:

Old 11-09-2012, 12:28 AM   #181
oteck is on a distinguished road
oteck's Tacoma Gallery
strange post but anyone still have their old TOB they want to send me? I'm not putting it in but i need it for a mock up on a new gearbox im setting up
Old 03-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #182
4x4Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Ben
4x4Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Ok gentleman I have a temporary fix from the annoying chirp or churp from the throwout bearing. Ok so you'll need a grease gun and some high temp bearing grease. A 24" grease hose that is flexible. And a socket First take off the clutch housing cover which is located on the bell housing right next to the clutch release cylinder. It's like a viewing window to the soul of this little-big problem. Anyways. This next parts cake.... Once the cover is off let your Gf help you. So she feels special! Tell her to push the clutch pedal in. (Make sure she's not pushing the break. This is very important baa ha ha). Sorry. Ok so after the clutch pedal is pushed in. Stick your grease line in behind the throwout bearing and try put a nice bead of lube on the shaft. (quill). I put a little tiny dab on the top of my bearing but you don't have to because you don't want to get any of this to close to the pressure plate. It worked with just putting some on my shaft (quill). I just did it for a little extra precaution. It worked and this was about 4 days ago and no chirp since then. Total cost to me. 10$ for gun grease and 24" long 3/8" grease line screw the dealer they won't warrant it and knowing about the tsb and this is the 3rd throwout bearing and I'm only at 75k miles. So I was going to do the urd sleeve and make a DIY for it because I can't find one so far but decided to try this. It worked. Not sure how long it will last but I caution font go crazy with the lube you can't get any on the flywheel so be cautious of wear you out it. Ill try to find a photo and show you guys via Microsoft pain tools.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #183
4x4Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Ben
4x4Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery

Old 04-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #184
emerica9138 is on a distinguished road
emerica9138's Tacoma Gallery
6 Speed Bell Housing Chirp

I am having the same problem with my 06 tacoma. 6sp manual 50k miles. Truck is out of factory warranty and the chirp is annoying. I just purchased this truck used a few months ago. Took the truck back to dealership where I purchased it, they observed the sound on the ground. Once they put it on the lift the chirp went away and did not come back for an entire week so they wouldn't do anything about it. This is a known problem and Toyota is spineless and ignores it as I contacted corporate and they gave me the standard response. I had an 02 Acura TL Type S and the transmission went in 2010 with 50k on it (5 years out of warranty). Acura replaced it for free no questions asked as they knew it was an ongoing problem with the transmission. Toyota should do the same but they don't care because they sell enough units that one lost customer is not an issue. Good thing I bought a 4 year 48k extended warranty on this thing. Getting it fixed and getting rid of it since people have had multiple TOB replacements done.