Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

if i cannot get my rear leafs address via TSB, what would you do?

Old 10-27-2009, 06:44 PM   #1
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
if i cannot get my rear leafs address via TSB, what would you do?

talked to a few dealers. they all state that only vehicles under factory warranty can/will be fixed. i have yet to wade thru the phone menus at the 1-800 number. (will attack that front tomorrow). my truck i bought used, and it is out of warranty.

any other options? i bought this truck so i can cram dead elks and things in the back. anyone with 3-leafs, NOT having any bottoming out issues? i have a street bike going into the back soon for delivery, and will suss out the situation then. i do not want to lift the rig, but any aftermarket solutions?

thank
cliff.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #3
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
great start!!! would a 2.25" lift look stupid with stock wheels/tires?
Old 10-27-2009, 07:49 PM   #4
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't want to lift it you could get some Timbrens http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacotimbren.htm

I suggested these to a guy at work that has an '07 Xterra and he said it made a major difference.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:45 PM   #5
Ocean's is just really niceOcean's is just really niceOcean's is just really niceOcean's is just really nice

Ocean's's Tacoma Gallery
does anyone have pics of these timbrens installed? $400 for 4 pieces of rubber...lol
Old 10-28-2009, 05:37 AM   #6
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
does anyone have pics of these timbrens installed? $400 for 4 pieces of rubber...lol
I would only worry about getting them for the rear.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:50 AM   #7
fauskar is on a distinguished road
Name: Rick
fauskar's Tacoma Gallery
Do a AAL (1.5" or 2") and call it a day.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:47 AM   #8
stl_ed is on a distinguished road
stl_ed's Tacoma Gallery
For a little more than Timbrens you could get these and go from stock to firm with a handheld compressor.

http://www.etrailer.com/p-F2407.htm?...eid=2007621449
Old 10-28-2009, 06:55 AM   #9
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
I like the idea of the Timbrens. Any feedback on someone with them installed would be great!!
Old 10-28-2009, 07:14 AM   #10
Be a fountain, not a drain.
bambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevin
bambooshoots's Tacoma Gallery
I just got a set of AAL from Toytec and couldn't be happier.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:18 AM   #11
Sandfire will become famous soon enough

Sandfire's Tacoma Gallery
I was able to get the TSB done out of factory warranty with 62K on the truck. I do have the extended warranty though, but haven't heard of anyone else even getting it done on that.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:19 AM   #12
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
How do the OME leaf spring packs compare to the TSB springs? If I can't get the TSB done and I find that I need to do something about it will this be a good option?

I'm trying to get approval for the TSB before the Toytec group buy ends since it affects what type of AAL I will order with the lift kit.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:31 PM   #13
Buy the Ticket take the Ride.....
Mr_Torque is a jewel in the roughMr_Torque is a jewel in the roughMr_Torque is a jewel in the roughMr_Torque is a jewel in the rough

Mr_Torque's Tacoma Gallery
Timbrens

I installed the Timbren SES before I had the TSB performed and they worked great. I removed them when I took it in to have the springs replaced but reinstalled as soon as I got home. They keep the ride soft until you load up and you don't have to worry about adding air.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:47 PM   #14
leg killa is on a distinguished road

Army:
leg killa's Tacoma Gallery
newbie question guys..ive been doing research and i really like the icon coilover kit for the front and rear and the TC UCAs..would adding AAL be a good idea or i wouldnt need it..warranty is out so i cant get the TSB..iv helped a buddy move some funiture and didnt have any problems
Old 10-28-2009, 12:54 PM   #15
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
t i m b r e n s + search = http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...installed.html

edit - well damn, they removed pics or I just can't see them at work
Old 10-28-2009, 12:58 PM   #16
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
talked to a few dealers. they all state that only vehicles under factory warranty can/will be fixed. i have yet to wade thru the phone menus at the 1-800 number. (will attack that front tomorrow). my truck i bought used, and it is out of warranty.

any other options? i bought this truck so i can cram dead elks and things in the back. anyone with 3-leafs, NOT having any bottoming out issues? i have a street bike going into the back soon for delivery, and will suss out the situation then. i do not want to lift the rig, but any aftermarket solutions?

thank
cliff.
I was in same situation. 5100s all around set on 1.75 or 2.5 with Toytec 1.5 AAL + 1/4" Toytec leveling spacer on fr drvr side to correct taco lean would be my suggestion.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:44 PM   #19
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
anything that won't lift the rear?

and i can't use timbrens....
maybe supersprings