1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Railway Oval Tube Steps

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by muclhed, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Feb 10, 2008 at 6:22 PM
    muclhed

muclhed [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Sport 4X4 Black Quad Cab 6-Speed Manual
    K&N 63 Series Cold Air Intake, Flow Master Dual Outlet Super 44 Mufler w/Dual Factory Chrome Exhuast Tips, 20x8.5 American Racing Chrome Razor 6 wheels w/ 265/50/20 Toyo Proxy ST tires. Putco Hybrid Chromed Alumininum 5" Oval Step Bars
    Hello Everyone I was wondering if anyone had tried these yet??

I recently upgraded my wheels to chrome and need to match the side steps

I am considering these since they are the closest to the OEM stock tubesteps I have on my truck now (but chrome instead).....I was toying with the idea of having my current ones chromed until I stumbled accross these. Any and all input on this is greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance

Check out the links
    http://www.runningboardwarehouse.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=466

http://www.runningboardwarehouse.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=371

2. Feb 10, 2008 at 6:29 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    Your links are for Tundra's.

Chrome, IMO, is not a good idea. Stainless (polished) is.

3. Feb 10, 2008 at 6:32 PM
    muclhed

muclhed [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    K&N 63 Series Cold Air Intake, Flow Master Dual Outlet Super 44 Mufler w/Dual Factory Chrome Exhuast Tips, 20x8.5 American Racing Chrome Razor 6 wheels w/ 265/50/20 Toyo Proxy ST tires. Putco Hybrid Chromed Alumininum 5" Oval Step Bars
    I know... I cant find a good pic of them on a taco

Just trying to keep everything on the truck matching....since I got my chrome wheels put on those gray step bars have been driving me nuts

4. Feb 10, 2008 at 8:25 PM
    Tug

Tug Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4X4 Access Cab
    Stock

Google nerf bars, you should be able to come up with something.

Better yet hows this?

[​IMG]

Tug

5. Feb 11, 2008 at 4:24 PM
    muclhed

muclhed [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I guess I am really trying to find oval chrome nerf bars without breaking the bank......I really like the ones I had the dealer put on when I bought the truck I just wish they were chrome......These railway tube steps seem to be the closest I can find to looking like the stock yet chrome

I was just curious if anyone had them or had looked into them.....I have to admit I am skeptical due to the way they are constructed.. check out the links in my first post.

Thanks All

Products Discussed in

To Top