Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TRD Exhaust Install

Old 10-28-2009, 12:05 PM   #1
novakills has a spectacular aura aboutnovakills has a spectacular aura about

Name: scott
novakills's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Exhaust Install

So I'm planning on installing my TRD exhaust tonight. I have plenty of mechanical prowess to accomplish this but to those with experience, can I install this exhaust with the truck on the ground? I have a floor jack and will go get some jackstands (all mine are in TN) if need be. My concern is snaking the exhaust over the axle to its final position with no interference with the ground or necessitating more space between the axle and the chassis.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:07 PM   #2
wilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the rough
Name: Pete
wilsonpj's Tacoma Gallery
Yea you will be fine. Did mine 2 weeks ago. If you jack it up, just do the passenger side.

Oh, and it helps to rub some dish soap on the flanges before you hang the new exhaust, helps them slide into the hanger real easy, and you can wash it out with water if you want after.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonpj View Post
Yea you will be fine. Did mine 2 weeks ago. If you jack it up, just do the passenger side.

Oh, and it helps to rub some dish soap on the flanges before you hang the new exhaust, helps them slide into the hanger real easy, and you can wash it out with water if you want after.
Thanks! I knew to lube the hangers to ease removal/replacement. Mine should come apart fairly easy since I only have 1900 miles on the truck.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:19 PM   #6
wilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the roughwilsonpj is a jewel in the rough
Name: Pete
wilsonpj's Tacoma Gallery
Yea it does help with the hanger in the back, I managed to work around it also with a broken finger with 3 pins stuck through the bones. It is really quite easy.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:09 PM   #7
Defying Alliances since 2007
TacoTurd will become famous soon enoughTacoTurd will become famous soon enough

TacoTurd's Tacoma Gallery
Easy to do under a pre-runner. 20 minute job.

Don't pull the shipping cover off the tip until you're done. It can get scratched up when you slip it over the axle. Watch out for the ABS wires. If something gets hung-up, you're doing it wrong.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTurd View Post
Easy to do under a pre-runner. 20 minute job.

Don't pull the shipping cover off the tip until you're done. It can get scratched up when you slip it over the axle. Watch out for the ABS wires. If something gets hung-up, you're doing it wrong.

I'm saving your rep until I complete the install in 20 mins or less LOL
Old 10-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #9
IndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to behold
IndigoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
You will get it in 20 or less. I rolled my passenger side up on ramps and had the stocker off in about 10 mins and had the TRD on in about 5-10 mins. Literally easier than shit to do. I asked the same questions as well.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoTaco View Post
You will get it in 20 or less. I rolled my passenger side up on ramps and had the stocker off in about 10 mins and had the TRD on in about 5-10 mins. Literally easier than shit to do. I asked the same questions as well.

I usually perform a thorough search before I ask a question. Oh well, I got what I needed. Thanks
Old 10-28-2009, 01:51 PM   #11
JACKEL142 is on a distinguished road

JACKEL142's Tacoma Gallery
Did mine in 20 also, sounds ok.
just make sure they shipped you the correct one. They sent me a SWB at first. Caught is before I dropped the old one.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKEL142 View Post
Did mine in 20 also, sounds ok.
just make sure they shipped you the correct one. They sent me a SWB at first. Caught is before I dropped the old one.

it does say SWB on it. i have a DC SB and it eyeballs approx the same length as my stock exhaust. my VIN was part of the order so i hope they used that info before they shipped it. we'll see within the next hour!!!
Old 10-28-2009, 04:17 PM   #13
Metallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to behold
Metallikatz3's Tacoma Gallery
Just put on my TRD today.. Hardest part was taking the flowmaster apart cuz the clamps crushed the tubing so much. Once i had the old one off took about 10min to put the TRD on