1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is it just me ??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 4WD, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Oct 28, 2009 at 1:34 PM
    4WD

4WD [OP] cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    One thing I've noticed here in my short existence with TW & I'm not trying to piss anyone off but it seems like alot of people that do suspension mods want to be able to hit those bumps & jumps at 50+MPH without leaving their drivetrain behind but still want their trucks to ride like a cadillac & to the best of my knowledge there is still a certain amount of "trading off" meaning, if you want a better,more stable off-roader capable of doing the kind of crazy shit we all put our trucks thru then the stiffer the ride,the better for off road, the softer the ride, better for the highway. I guess what I'm getting at is the ol' "you can't have yer cake & eat it too." Any thoughts on this ??.....:cool:

2. Oct 28, 2009 at 1:40 PM
    johnw

johnw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner v-6 4.0L 4 door
    well you asked for specs..... 06 trd sport speedway blue 5.3l v8 4.0 camburg lift spindles extended travel icons total chaos lowers allpro 4" leaf pack 17" xd hoss rims 37/12.5/17 mickey thompson baja atz Allpro hybrid bumper grill craft grill wicked flow muffler inside i have..... wet okole real tree camo seat cover blue oznium dome light stealth sub box with 2 10" kicker comp subs kicker 400 watt amp weathertech floor mats
    subscribed. but yah i kinda think that also. i know when i do stuff i go slow my truck is stock height except the 33's. but i aint hitting anything with speed. besides the road

3. Oct 28, 2009 at 1:48 PM
    WhatThePho?

WhatThePho? Greg Graffin 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
    The things required to pull bitches
    Well if you go with the Bilstien 5100 and level out your truck it feels better than stock. Or if you go with the Icons. and leave it at the height they sent it to you at it still feels way better than stock.

If you want the cadi feel with full suspension work go Long Travel.

4. Oct 28, 2009 at 1:53 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    I agree with you however I think and upgraded shocks will give a better ride than stock haha

5. Oct 28, 2009 at 1:55 PM
    SACTOWN

SACTOWN ???????????????????????

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    '18 ZR2, 04 Rubicon, &19 lx570
    I think that it is you. IMO. But I don't know much of anything.

Guess it is my way of getting in here. Sounds like a good thread to keep up on !!

6. Oct 28, 2009 at 2:00 PM
    4WD

4WD [OP] cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Oh, absolutely I agree , but these guys do the suspen. upgrade & then kinda gripe about the change in the ride they get in return, I wish I still had my 72' 1 ton Dodge power wagon, I'd let'em drive that for a few miles if they want to experience what a real stiff ride is, it rode like a buckboard but I could also launch that truck 6ft in the air & it landed smooth as silk from all that stiff ass suspension....:cool:

7. Oct 28, 2009 at 2:07 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    Well honestly I think majority of people here lift for looks more than anything. A lot of people justify a lift by saying they are going to offroad, then don't or rarely make it out. Thus are unsatisfied with their ride quality on the road.

It funny how the people who would benefit from a better ride the most, the mall crawlers who lift for looks, many times settle on spacers.

8. Oct 28, 2009 at 2:50 PM
    Old Soul

Old Soul Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    09 AC V6 SR5 2WD SWB
    not to many, love it the way it is

The long travel caddy ride sounds awesome. bump - what bump?

9. Oct 28, 2009 at 4:43 PM
    leg killa

leg killa Well-Known Member

Member:
    AMERICA
    Vehicle:
    06 SBDB SR5 4x4
    TRD Hood/ Color matched grill/ De badged/ BHLM/ Viper remote start/ Pioneer AVIC Z-130BT/ BFG MT KM2/ MT Classic II/ OME Lift/ LR UCAs/ Pop and Lock
    +1..i agree that most people on the forum do it for looks..i guess its normal to want both on and off road performance out of the product that you purchase..comming from the import world..you must sacrifice the ride quality if you want better suspension

10. Oct 28, 2009 at 4:49 PM
    petersharp

petersharp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
    Louisville, CO
    Vehicle:
    Ex DC LB Sport owner.
    Is it just me or are more and more people typing ridiculously long sentences in their posts without using periods? ;)

11. Oct 28, 2009 at 4:49 PM
    pataco

pataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    i did it mainly for looks but the off road feel is great as well.great improvement over stock.its all in what u want i guess.

12. Oct 28, 2009 at 4:50 PM
    Fire931

Fire931 Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    00 4Runner
    not necessarily... my truck rides like a caddy on road and i dare to say i'm pulling about as much suspension travel as you can possibly get out of the truck without going long travel.

i can hit a speed bump at considerable speeds and barely feel the truck bounce at all...

the only trade off to my setup is that since there's no sway bar anymore high speed emergency maneuvers require alot more skill since theres more body roll now.

13. Oct 28, 2009 at 5:04 PM
    leg killa

leg killa Well-Known Member

Member:
    AMERICA
    Vehicle:
    06 SBDB SR5 4x4
    TRD Hood/ Color matched grill/ De badged/ BHLM/ Viper remote start/ Pioneer AVIC Z-130BT/ BFG MT KM2/ MT Classic II/ OME Lift/ LR UCAs/ Pop and Lock
    whatever makes you happy in the end..

Products Discussed in

To Top