LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Who has had their tailgate STOLEN? Or..

View Poll Results: Has your tailgate been stolen, or do you know somebody whose tailgate was stolen?
My tailgate was stolen. 53 1.90%
My friend's tailgate was stolen. 70 2.51%
My tailgate AND my friend's tailgate were stolen. 12 0.43%
I stole somebody's tailgate. 139 4.98%
Knock on wood, I still have my tailgate, and I have an anti-theft device installed. 1,162 41.66%
Knock on wood, I still have my tailgate, but I don't have an anti-theft device installed. 1,438 51.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2789. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #361
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenwick1993 View Post
People will steal anything if they get the chance. Around here, you gotta watch your shit, cos someone will walk off with it. I haven't had anything stolen off of this truck yet, but I haven't even had it for two months yet. And I guess it helps that it looks like shit, so nobody would want to steal anything off it.
I've had stuff like that happen before. When I was a kid, someone stole all the wheels off my Dad's Pinto during a hurricane and left the car on blocks. IN A HURRICANE. HOW.
Gotta watch your catalytic converters... My neighbors T100 and FJ were both hit on the street. Good ground clearance and a lot of precious metals in them. Supposedly the older ones are more valuable.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:08 AM   #363
whitetacoma89 has a spectacular aura aboutwhitetacoma89 has a spectacular aura about

whitetacoma89's Tacoma Gallery
Subd
Old 05-10-2013, 07:33 AM   #364
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdog View Post
Anyone in SoCal lose a tailgate lately.....here is a craigslist link...maybe its yours.
Its speedway blue.
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/3773070860.html
Yeh but the seller clearly owns a speedway blue taco and is selling his damaged gate? Or are you saying he's stolen someone elses and now selling the used one? lol
Old 06-24-2013, 12:54 AM   #365
Kevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shedKevoh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevoh
Kevoh's Tacoma Gallery
My tailgate has a giant ding in it. That is my anti-theft technology.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #366
qdude79 is on a distinguished road
qdude79's Tacoma Gallery
Just went out to look at how to secure my new '13's tailgate and found this:

I guess Toyota has addressed this.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:17 AM   #367
rbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: ARFF @ ROC
Name: Rich
rbishopp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by qdude79 View Post

Anything in the manual ? Instructions on removing tailgate ? I'm wondering if the dealer did it.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:14 PM   #368
qdude79's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't notice anything in the manual (though I wasn't looking for it at the time I went through it). Did notice this later on in the day, getting ready to wash the truck:

Old 06-24-2013, 09:16 PM   #369
Get off your horse and drink your milk.
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

teamamerica's Tacoma Gallery
i looked & mine does not have this.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #370
Hammer Slammer is on a distinguished road
Hammer Slammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by qdude79 View Post

What is that? Is that factory?
Old 06-24-2013, 10:28 PM   #371
qdude79's Tacoma Gallery
Must be. Just bought the thing two weeks ago and I sure didn't put it there. Went out today to look at securing my tailgate, thanks to this thread, and lo and behold...
Old 06-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #372
Frogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: On EOS duty
Name: Chris
Frogsauce's Tacoma Gallery
That looks better than the hose clamp mod!

Related: Mine was almost stolen in the fire department parking area. Until someone saw the kid messing around with my tailgate. He ran. Hose clamps saved the day.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:27 PM   #373
mcdee is on a distinguished road
Name: mike
mcdee's Tacoma Gallery
Looks similar to the Gatekeeper.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #374
Frogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrogsauce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: On EOS duty
Name: Chris
Frogsauce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdee View Post
Looks similar to the Gatekeeper.
I had not heard of it until you mentioned it. I think I am going to invest in one of those and then strip out the hex bit. I have no need for removing the tailgate in a hurry.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #375
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
So this happened to my truck today Someone SWAPPED, you read that right, swapped tailgates with mine! They put a banged up, shitty silver one, missing the top plastic piece, all cut up, painters putty/paint everywhere, etc. They took my perfect, scratch-less one Motherfuckers! They have some balls to steal it in a police station parking lot
Old 06-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #376
machineman89 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matthew
machineman89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
What is that? Is that factory?
i got that also.........wonder how much of a deterrent it is...
Old 06-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #377
rbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: ARFF @ ROC
Name: Rich
rbishopp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
So this happened to my truck today Someone SWAPPED, you read that right, swapped tailgates with mine! They put a banged up, shitty silver one, missing the top plastic piece, all cut up, painters putty/paint everywhere, etc. They took my perfect, scratch-less one Motherfuckers! They have some balls to steal it in a police station parking lot
Sounds like something my brothers would do to me or I to them. Do you have video recorder going in your lot. Ours is watched and recorded 24/7 and catches some great pranks.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:26 AM   #378
I like the Anaheim Ducks
Okeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud of

Name: Kyle
Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
Damn Jay, that sucks!! Can you look back at the video surveillance? Did you have a hose clamp or some other theft-preventing device on your tailgate?
Old 07-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #379
robssol is a glorious beacon of lightrobssol is a glorious beacon of lightrobssol is a glorious beacon of lightrobssol is a glorious beacon of lightrobssol is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Rob
robssol's Tacoma Gallery
I had a bag of sand in back, took off from a stop sign that bag of sand slid back and bent the tailgate! I could barely open it enough to get it off. Put it face up in the driveway and dropped a bale of hay in it. Flattened it back out with a dimple in the middle. They want it they can have it! Insurance will cover it and I'll make one out of stainless:-)
Old 07-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #380
icallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really nice
Name: Jamie
icallhertaco11's Tacoma Gallery
I got a small dent and paint scratch on mine, after hearing about how many are stolen I decided to not get it fixed and got the Pop and lock tailgate lock!

Products Discussed in this Thread