Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Who has had their tailgate STOLEN? Or..

View Poll Results: Has your tailgate been stolen, or do you know somebody whose tailgate was stolen?
My tailgate was stolen. 53 1.90%
My friend's tailgate was stolen. 72 2.58%
My tailgate AND my friend's tailgate were stolen. 12 0.43%
I stole somebody's tailgate. 139 4.97%
Knock on wood, I still have my tailgate, and I have an anti-theft device installed. 1,164 41.66%
Knock on wood, I still have my tailgate, but I don't have an anti-theft device installed. 1,440 51.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2794. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2009, 11:13 AM   #41
NicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
NicksRig's Tacoma Gallery
Left mine as is. I luckily live in an are where this kind of thing is not too common.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:18 PM   #43
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
are the popn'locks worth the $ or is the hose clamp mod just as good? or both?
Old 10-29-2009, 03:00 PM   #44
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
I stole enough to make a tailgate Stonehenge, but turns out that shit is hard to do (and nobody wants it in a front yard in their neighborhood).

Go check out my ebay listings if you want yours back.
bwahahahahaha i am dying thats hilarious
Old 10-29-2009, 03:47 PM   #45
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsenekos View Post
are the popn'locks worth the $ or is the hose clamp mod just as good? or both?
I think the Pop'n'Locks are worth the money, but they are easy to break. That being said; they help keep honest people honest. If some one wants your stuff, they are going to take it. I have both a Pop'n'Lock and a hose clamp (keyed) on my tailgate. I also have a tonneau cover so no one can see into the bed of my truck.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:37 PM   #46
L8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant futureL8Rmike has a brilliant future

Air Force: Retired
L8Rmike's Tacoma Gallery
I had a tailgate stolen on my old truck, after getting another one from the juckyard I did the hose clamp thing and that was my first mod after getting my tacoma. Along with a cable lock for the spare and a installing a rod in the track of the sliding window.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:02 PM   #47
scrtsql is on a distinguished road

scrtsql's Tacoma Gallery
i installed a pop n lock w/camera and its been working very well but if a thief wants some thing their going to get it but at least with mine the alarm will go off and he will have to really work hard for it
Old 10-29-2009, 08:59 PM   #48
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdopy3 View Post
I installed the razor blade scat mod for my gate...
Old 10-29-2009, 10:28 PM   #49
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
I keep looking for the hose clamp with the key, but can't find one small enough for the tail gate.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:42 AM   #50
Old Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old Soul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun155 View Post
I keep looking for the hose clamp with the key, but can't find one small enough for the tail gate.
I heard that Autozone carries them. I purchased mine online,don't remember where though. you could do a forum search, I think the link is in the sticky tailgate prevention thread in the technical chat area
Old 10-30-2009, 07:04 AM   #51
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
My tailgate disappeared awhile back. If I had to guess I'd bet it's in Mexico by now.

no pretty sure its in camden...
Old 10-30-2009, 09:28 AM   #52
Now my Taco is bloody Red, ewww
"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OldManTan"'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC4333 View Post
although I live and work in a nice area, so I don't really worry about it too much.
I had my radio stolen in the number 3 safest city in the nation, in between 2 hotels. A potential for thousands of witnesses, and nobody saw it. And I was at my "Eagle Scout Dinner". Kind of f-ing ironic, don't you think!! 13 yrs later, still a little bitter. Needless to say I have anti-theft installed, the $.50 one at a bad angle, and I lock my cap, sometimes when I am going right back in it!!
Old 10-30-2009, 11:11 AM   #53
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
no pretty sure its in camden...
wanna guess again??

Old 10-30-2009, 11:28 AM   #54
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Well, ive been good so far. Still have mine. I bought a P&L in the GB but have yet to install it. LOL. Thanks for reminding me I have it sitting in my garage.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:42 AM   #55
toonerz is on a distinguished road
toonerz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun155 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Soul View Post
I heard that Autozone carries them. I purchased mine online,don't remember where though. you could do a forum search, I think the link is in the sticky tailgate prevention thread in the technical chat area
They do have them at Autozone or at least had them when I got mine. It came in a pack of 2 or 3 (I forget) for a few bucks.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:46 PM   #56
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
Hey the math doesn’t make sense, 3 got theirs stolen, 11 has a friend that got theirs stolen and 2 had both theirs and their friends stolen. Now assuming non of those were reported twice that equals 18 stolen tail gates but 21 admitted to stealing a tail gate. Is someone trying to be cool and did not actually steal a tail gate?
Old 10-30-2009, 03:24 PM   #57
Old Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old Soul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raskal311 View Post
Hey the math doesn’t make sense, 3 got theirs stolen, 11 has a friend that got theirs stolen and 2 had both theirs and their friends stolen. Now assuming non of those were reported twice that equals 18 stolen tail gates but 21 admitted to stealing a tail gate. Is someone trying to be cool and did not actually steal a tail gate?

I don't need a tailgate, the truck already has one on it
Old 10-31-2009, 03:25 PM   #58
Grease Monkey
glandnut will become famous soon enoughglandnut will become famous soon enough

glandnut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toonerz View Post
They do have them at Autozone or at least had them when I got mine. It came in a pack of 2 or 3 (I forget) for a few bucks.
I just saw the keyed clamps at Harbor Freight yesterday if that helps too.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:44 PM   #59
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
I've got a Pop-N-Lock.
I'll find a way to get yours, don't worry!
Old 10-31-2009, 08:10 PM   #60
tacomapack is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Name: Adam
tacomapack's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't spend money on Pop'n'Lock... I have a desert eagle.

Products Discussed in this Thread