Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Who has had their tailgate STOLEN? Or..

View Poll Results: Has your tailgate been stolen, or do you know somebody whose tailgate was stolen?
My tailgate was stolen. 53 1.90%
My friend's tailgate was stolen. 71 2.54%
My tailgate AND my friend's tailgate were stolen. 12 0.43%
I stole somebody's tailgate. 139 4.98%
Knock on wood, I still have my tailgate, and I have an anti-theft device installed. 1,164 41.71%
Knock on wood, I still have my tailgate, but I don't have an anti-theft device installed. 1,438 51.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2791. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-28-2009, 07:18 PM   #1
Say What?
patrickockander is on a distinguished road
Army: Served as a Combat Medic with 3rd BDE 2nd ID "Stryker Brigade", now serving as a reservist/student
Name: Patrick
patrickockander's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Who has had their tailgate STOLEN? Or..

This poll is to help the members find out how common it is to have Toyota Tacoma tailgates stolen.

If you answer yes to the poll, please add a note telling us what year, color, and if your tailgate had the camera in it or not. Any other information such as anti-theft (pop-a-lock) equipment you may have had installed would be helpful. Also good to know, where did the theft occur?

Let the poll begin!

Thank you eordonez for the photo!
Attached Thumbnails
Who has had their tailgate STOLEN? Or..-tacoma_tailgate_003.jpg  
Old 10-28-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...w-prevent.html
Old 10-28-2009, 07:43 PM   #3
leg killa is on a distinguished road

Army:
leg killa's Tacoma Gallery
Pop and lock installed
Old 10-28-2009, 07:58 PM   #4
t-com09 is on a distinguished road

t-com09's Tacoma Gallery
i dont know anyone who has had theirs stolen, but am looking into installing an anti-theft device
Old 10-28-2009, 07:59 PM   #5
Grease Monkey
glandnut will become famous soon enoughglandnut will become famous soon enough

glandnut's Tacoma Gallery
Whoever buttnuts voted for "I stole someone's tailgate"- maybe not today, or tomorrow, but you will pay- I promise.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:02 PM   #6
toonerz is on a distinguished road
toonerz's Tacoma Gallery
The tailgate off my silver 2007 Tacoma got stolen when my brother in law was borrowing my truck for awhile. I managed to find one on Craigslist for $100, but there's a pretty gnarly scratch on it. I immediately did the hose clamp mod on it and I plan to get a lock when I get a cover for the bed (haven't decided which kind yet).
Old 10-28-2009, 08:16 PM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by glandnut View Post
Whoever buttnuts voted for "I stole someone's tailgate"- maybe not today, or tomorrow, but you will pay- I promise.
welcome to TW
Old 10-28-2009, 08:23 PM   #8
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
Well i was afraid to say i stole a tailgate because i didnt want to get beat up
Old 10-28-2009, 08:35 PM   #10
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
I have the $0.50 anti theft device installed on mine. I can guarantee you that nobody will be taking that tail gate off without a 5/16 stubby wrench, and even at that it would be one hell of a pain in the ass because of the angle that I have the bolt head pointing. Good insurance if you ask me, although I live and work in a nice area, so I don't really worry about it too much.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:42 PM   #11
BPachom is on a distinguished road

BPachom's Tacoma Gallery
After watching the video clip on just how quickly the tailgate can be removed, I installed a tailgate security device.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:57 PM   #12
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
Thank God, I don't live in a town/city where people steal tailgates. People steal rims/wheels, headlights, emblems, cars, but never tailgates. I'm not too sure if there's a big market for that up here.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:37 PM   #14
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
For fun I stole my own tailgate and pretended it was missing for a couple days. I put it back on along with the hose clamp. Now no one including myself can steal it.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:06 PM   #15
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
I'm gonna steal every tailgate I come across.
Store them in a desert hideaway and then build not only a tailgate house but bend a couple into beer holding containers and enjoy the sunset!

But seriously...
undercover tonneau and the less than a dollar security device should slow someone with said interest at heart.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:19 PM   #17
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
So my friends and I have a game where we steal each others tail gates so that why I clicked I have stolen someones lol. We also play a game where if you switch 2 peoples in our ground you owe a round. But now I have installed multiple clamps that I can hide on of the screw heads and what not. My friend has pop-n-lock and what not and it can still be take off
Old 10-28-2009, 11:15 PM   #18
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a Pop-N-Lock.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:45 PM   #19
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
I've got a Pop-N-Lock.
Derek, you are a pop & lock. LMAO!
Old 10-29-2009, 03:14 AM   #20
Say What?
patrickockander is on a distinguished road
Army: Served as a Combat Medic with 3rd BDE 2nd ID "Stryker Brigade", now serving as a reservist/student
Name: Patrick
patrickockander's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation

...or just put a big dent in it. nobody wants a dented tailgate...that's why guys are stealing them...

...and remember, there's only one thief...everyone else is just trying to get their tailgate back.

Products Discussed in this Thread