Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Advice on lighting needed

Old 10-29-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
fibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant future
Name: roger
fibertop's Tacoma Gallery
Advice on lighting needed

whats a good brand of auxillary lights? Hella? I want to mount a couple on my front bumper. Any advice? They are more for looks than actual lighting. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:38 PM   #2
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
I have PIAA 520s. But if they are mainly for looks, what does it matter how well they work?
Old 10-29-2009, 05:42 PM   #3
fibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant futurefibertop has a brilliant future
well I don't like being laughed at so I always try to go high end.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:44 PM   #4
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
You get what you think looks best on your truck. Save some cash and use it on other mods.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:45 PM   #5
Fortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fortech's Tacoma Gallery
If they are solely for looks, go with something by Piaa. A coworker had 4 of them on a lightbar on the front of his lifted Cummins 2500 HD Dodge Ram. We swapped trucks for a weekend and I must admit they looked great, but only gave the usable light equivalent of a couple of candles compared to any Hella product I've owned. I don't know if they were the 520 or 525 series - but they looked pretty good.

EDIT: Added Pics

Old 10-29-2009, 05:48 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortech View Post
If they are solely for looks, go with something by Piaa. A coworker had 4 of them on a lightbar on the front of his lifted Cummins 2500 HD Dodge Ram. We swapped trucks for a weekend and I must admit they looked great, but only gave the usable light equivalent of a couple of candles compared to any Hella product I've owned. I don't know if they were the 520 or 525 series - but they looked pretty good.

have you got a good picture of your set up?
Old 10-29-2009, 05:52 PM   #7
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibertop View Post
well I don't like being laughed at so I always try to go high end.
You don't get laughed at for being a poser? Couldn't help it.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:56 PM   #8
Fortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fortech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibertop View Post
have you got a good picture of your set up?
This pic is a couple of years old and pre exists my colored grill and BHLM - but it'll serve the purpose. If I had to do it again, I'd probably go with the N Fab bar as the KC limits your approach angle somewhat.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:59 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
You don't get laughed at for being a poser? Couldn't help it.
i don't know, do you get laughed at for being a hoser?