Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Slow 0-60 times

Old 10-31-2009, 02:03 PM   #41
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socolax91 View Post
I didn't... I start the time when I hear my wheels start spinning and I get around the times stated...
Cool....
Old 10-31-2009, 02:49 PM   #42
gcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to beholdgcwaterski is a splendid one to behold

gcwaterski's Tacoma Gallery
Socolax nice job on the truck- lovin it! Very clean.

So you have gotten the times down pretty good without using FI.

Is there any one thing that you feel was the most noticeable once you put it on?
Any plans for a FI kit in the future?
Old 10-31-2009, 03:56 PM   #43
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
I like sub 6s. Not my dash but the same thing I see when I want to feel like I have a fast car.... and room for 5 with foot rests in the rear to boot!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqRZLlbWUMo

Or if I want to shave off a couple of 100ths in less comfort (once again not mine - Black is the only color I own and OEM wheels)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYImSt2Vb3U

Gotta sell that one to pay for my mod creep!
Old 10-31-2009, 04:06 PM   #44
SubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the rough
SubZombie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
Also, the times might be different between a 6spd and an auto

The auto has always been rated with a faster 0-60 than the 6-speed. The 6-speed is geared more for towing than accelerating fast.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:26 PM   #45
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcwaterski View Post
Socolax nice job on the truck- lovin it! Very clean.

So you have gotten the times down pretty good without using FI.

Is there any one thing that you feel was the most noticeable once you put it on?
Any plans for a FI kit in the future?
I'd say you should pick up a URD MAF sensor cal. It's a great unit that will make all of your other mods better. If you don't have any aftermarkets though I'd say the headers do it pretty well.

No forced induction for me... maybe in a few years I'll sell and go with...

Old 10-31-2009, 04:28 PM   #46
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Plus today's autos are a far cry from old trannies (like uncle Pat). I had a 335 (4.8 sec 0-60) as a loaner car recently and that thing was a frigging FAST - Paddle shifters - My 7 can be put in a manual mode and has shifter buttons right in the steering wheel. My days of standard shift are gone for good!
Old 10-31-2009, 06:13 PM   #47
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
LOL what's with everyone getting their panties in a bunch over someone not agreeing with them? It's the internet, if you don't like when someone disagrees with you, don't post on the internet. Some people care about performance, others don't. Nothing wrong with wanting to make your truck faster, there's also nothing wrong with not caring and realizing that most people aren't going to buy a 4x4 truck to go fast. I know I bought it for the capabilities. The 07 Impala SS I previously had ran to 60 in around 5 and a half seconds and did a low 14 second 1/4 mile, or high 13's with a really good driver and a perfect launch. I've always more looked at 1/4 mile times than 0-60 times. 0-60 times are kind of an irrelevant stat. That car was quick enough for me and I got driving fast out of my system, the Taco is more than quick enough for me.

As for people crying that no one answered the OP's question, people right off the bat said it was likely due to the high elevation that he was achieving slower numbers. How is that not answering his question?
Old 10-31-2009, 07:26 PM   #48
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
^That's what I wonder? I had my ass chewed by like 8 guys cause I said the MT/R wasn't a mud tire.

I'd agree though, give it some time. Also doing it yourself isn't exactly the most precise way.
Second I'd bet that Toyota ran it with a Pre-Runner A/C to shed weight.

With my truck, I'm more concerned with pulling versus lap times.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:28 PM   #49
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
^That's what I wonder? I had my ass chewed by like 8 guys cause I said the MT/R wasn't a mud tire.
Comment possibly out of line.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #51
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Wow. Someone tried to give me Neg Rep for that above post.

And I'm immature?

And they didn't even have the balls to leave their name. Guess they haven't dropped yet.

Anywho, any word on the 0-60 times?
Old 11-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #53

Quote:
Well I know the one guy was using his watch I believe. Not the most accurate way to do it.
Neither are those Apple apps for the Iphone. The only way I have accuratley timmed a 0-60, is with an on board timmer designed for timming acceleration runs. OR, a 1/8 or 1/4 mile track, but they dont do "0-60"
Old 11-02-2009, 04:36 PM   #55

Quote:
I have a 0-climax of 2 minutes.

My personal best.
How much quicker when a woman is involved?
Old 11-02-2009, 04:51 PM   #56
Resident Jackass

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
How much quicker when a woman is involved?
There isn't a timer invented that's fast enough.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:58 PM   #57
GTVAPSAMTIK has a spectacular aura aboutGTVAPSAMTIK has a spectacular aura aboutGTVAPSAMTIK has a spectacular aura about

Army: Base Defense Systems
Name: SOHAIL
GTVAPSAMTIK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
That is my video I think, and it's now down to 5.9 secs with the headers. Still need to do a re-map on my MAF Sensor Cal. and it might pick up another tenth.

To get 5.9 though I kind of "cheat" in a way. I lower my tire pressure for better traction and I pre-load on the throttle. I don't think toyota is doing this when they test 0-60.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNQFyhYqxC8

That seems way faster then my 2008 CIVIC SI.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:36 PM   #58
truckmike26 is on a distinguished road
truckmike26's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob View Post
yeah,turbo or try spraying it with nos!
By "nos" he means spraying it with nitrous oxide.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:12 PM   #59
fl34 is on a distinguished road

fl34's Tacoma Gallery
update

Should have posted this a while ago but I did some tests at different density altitudes in Utah and in California here is how it turned out:

Density altitude 4000 ft. - 9 Seconds
Density altitude -700 ft. - 7.4 Seconds
Old 11-04-2010, 04:19 PM   #60
Stanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud ofStanley has much to be proud of

Stanley's Tacoma Gallery
i live above 9,000 feet and even going to denver at 7,000 feet i notice a big difference. there are ways to tune your gas/air ratios for altitude. like having to jet a dirt bike differently up here. look into it