Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Slow 0-60 times

Old 10-30-2009, 12:44 AM   #1
fl34 is on a distinguished road

fl34's Tacoma Gallery
Slow 0-60 times

I just bought a new 2010 TRD Off-Road 4x4 six cylinder auto. It seems that most reviews and people here give a 0-60 time of around 7.6 seconds. After waiting to break in the engine 1000 miles I took it out to test 0-60. I am disappointing to say that my 0-60 time is around 9 seconds. I've tried things like holding the brake and reving the engine and shifting through the gears myself without seeing much improvement. Is there something I don't know? Or is it possible my truck is just slow?
Old 10-30-2009, 12:58 AM   #2
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl34 View Post
I just bought a new 2010 TRD Off-Road 4x4 six cylinder auto. It seems that most reviews and people here give a 0-60 time of around 7.6 seconds. After waiting to break in the engine 1000 miles I took it out to test 0-60. I am disappointing to say that my 0-60 time is around 9 seconds. I've tried things like holding the brake and reving the engine and shifting through the gears myself without seeing much improvement. Is there something I don't know? Or is it possible my truck is just slow?
youre in Utah.... whats your elevation?
Old 10-30-2009, 01:24 AM   #3

fl34's Tacoma Gallery
4,500 ft. I guess that could be it. Has anyone ran times at different elevations to see how different they can be?
Old 10-30-2009, 01:36 AM   #5

fl34's Tacoma Gallery
It's not that I'm itchin' for super fast 0-60 times. I was just curious to see for myself and 1.5 seconds seems like a big loss of performance. I just want to make sure nothing is wrong with the truck, or find out if I'm just doing something wrong. I'd also like to understand why there would be such a difference, considering some folks spend hundreds if not thousands to see gains of the same sort.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:38 AM   #6
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's not that I'm itchin' for super fast 0-60 times. I was just curious to see for myself and 1.5 seconds seems like a big loss of performance. I just want to make sure nothing is wrong with the truck, or find out if I'm just doing something wrong. I'd also like to understand why there would be such a difference, considering some folks spend hundreds if not thousands to see gains of the same sort.
Try it again at 5k miles. Could it possibly be stopwatch error? Either way im sure your new Tacoma is running fine. You cant always trust those figures. And by the way - Welcome!
Old 10-30-2009, 01:41 AM   #7
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
Ah yes, welcome .

The elevation has to do with it a bit im sure. How did you test it?
Old 10-30-2009, 02:58 AM   #8
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
probably the elevation. By looking at my Scangauge2, it seems like my truck loses about 10hp/1000ft of elevation I go up.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:36 AM   #9
Old Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old Soul's Tacoma Gallery
Super Charger
Old 10-30-2009, 04:54 PM   #10
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Nope. Why are you so worried? Just curious.
x2 its a 4wd truck.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:02 PM   #12
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Elevation has ALOT to do with it. I've seen cars run up to 2 seconds slower in the 1/4 at high elevations. And as previously asked, how did you actually test it? Just using a stop watch yourself if you did that isn't going to be that accurate. I've seen them test as fast as I believe 6.9-7 seconds stock. And it wouldn't surprise me. I had a '99 Grand Am GT a few years ago and they were rated at 7.7 seconds and the Taco is definitely noticeable quicker. But as others mentioned it is a truck. I wasn't worried about that, just an added bonus that the truck moves well.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:13 PM   #13
Junior Senior Member
warpwr has much to be proud ofwarpwr has much to be proud ofwarpwr has much to be proud ofwarpwr has much to be proud ofwarpwr has much to be proud ofwarpwr has much to be proud ofwarpwr has much to be proud ofwarpwr has much to be proud ofwarpwr has much to be proud ofwarpwr has much to be proud of

Army: Motor Pool
Name: Vaughn
warpwr's Tacoma Gallery
I have no idea how quick mine is.
I will say that my '07 4Runner is a lot quicker and that I sold my '02 Camaro SS to buy my truck so quickness wasn't a determining factor.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:23 PM   #14
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like a good way to BREAK her in.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:56 PM   #15
lopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud oflopedogg has much to be proud of

lopedogg's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing is wrong with your truck. I've ran times in salt lake and came home to 2,500ft, theres quite a bit of difference. Put a turbo on, that will solve your problem!
Old 10-30-2009, 07:19 PM   #16
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
yeah,turbo or try spraying it with nos!
Old 10-30-2009, 07:22 PM   #17
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a good break in you're doing on that new taco
Old 10-30-2009, 07:42 PM   #18
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to assume you are doing all this on the track...especially since discussion of street racing is not allowed at TW.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:57 PM   #19
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

dbl cab, long bed, whats you rtruck options...xtra wieght may
Old 10-30-2009, 08:20 PM   #20
aww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to behold
aww1970's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Its a truck!

If you want a good 0-60 time get a mustang...