1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fuel Gage location in the gas tank

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by DrRabbitFurHead, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Oct 31, 2009 at 5:12 AM
    DrRabbitFurHead

DrRabbitFurHead [OP] Yeah, there's a TSB for that!

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    X-treme Off Road Edition (4x4)
    Icon Extended Travel Coil Overs, Fox Rear Resi 8-Way Adjustable Shocks, Light Racing UCA's, OME Rear Leafs, M/T Classic Locks 17x9, Nitto T/G (285/70/R17), 5mm Billet Aluminum Spacers, Demello Sliders, All Pro Front Plate Bumper & IFS Skid Plate, PIAA 510's, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, O2 sims, Rear Timbren's & U-Bolt Flip Kit , 3* Rear Axel Shims, Extended Rear Brake Lines, 48" Hi-Lift with a ton of accessories, Wet Okoles, TRD bed mat, Borla Air Filter, Garmin Nuvi 765T, Viper 5901 remote start, 50% tint.
    Just wondering... since I've leveled out my truck, it seems that the gas light comes on sooner than before it was leveled out. Just last week the light came on and when I filled up I was only able to add 17.9 gallons to top off the tank.

I was wondering several things:
    1. What is the capacity of our gas tanks?
    2. Could it be possible that the fuel gage 'meter' is in the front of the gas tank, and when we raise the front of the truck we 'push' the gas to the back of the tank getting a reading telling us that we're running out of gas before we actually are?

Thoughts?

2. Oct 31, 2009 at 5:31 AM
    PSJ

PSJ Prerunners Work

Member:
    Sebastian Inlet
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab Prerunner
    Rear Leaf spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's all around w/ front set at 1.75", 265/75R/16 Mickey Thompson Baja STZ's, Trailer hitch w/custom wiring, AFE drop in dry filter, Rear Diff breather mod, Debadged truck, customized stock TRD wheel center caps, added factory fog lights, bed mat, door sills, tinted windows
    Our tanks are listed to hold 21.0 gal. I have heard when the light goes on, there's still about 3 gallons in "reserve". I have been testing how far I can go with the light on, and I have gone as far as 58 miles prior to filling up. Not sure where the gauge is located in the tank? Probably not many who have had to replace it... but maybe some will let us know... :)

Products Discussed in

To Top