Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Question about push bar

Old 10-31-2009, 08:13 AM   #1
Plain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Plain Jane Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Question about push bar

Got a question about push bars, light bars, bull bars....whatever you want to call them.

I've noticed that many of them say that the front tow hooks must be removed. People have said that their hooks are bolted on. But the hooks on my '09 base 2wd are welded on. Any one with an '09/'10 model have any issues with installing one of these bars....assuming their hooks are welded on as well?
Old 10-31-2009, 08:17 AM   #2
TRIBE 10
jnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjnoley07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: F-18 E/F(Super Hornet) Aviation Electronics Technician (AT2)
Name: Jay
jnoley07's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 07 4x4 and just installed a bull bar on mine this week. I didnt have to remove tow hooks or skid plate. Now I am assuming that the tow hooks on all 2nd gen tacos are the same. But you should not have to remove anything.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:12 AM   #3
Plain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlain Jane Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoley07 View Post
I have an 07 4x4 and just installed a bull bar on mine this week. I didnt have to remove tow hooks or skid plate. Now I am assuming that the tow hooks on all 2nd gen tacos are the same. But you should not have to remove anything.
You would think that all of the hooks would be the same on the gen-2's. But mine are welded and others say their's are bolted. The Hunter bar that I looked at says to "remove front tow hooks". I just don't feel like cutting them off that's the only way to install it.

The whole welded vs. bolted thing's a little confusing. Any '09+ owners verfiy that their hooks are welded?
Old 10-31-2009, 07:27 PM   #4
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough

Army: Airborne
paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
tow

mine are bolted on
Old 10-31-2009, 07:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by paidfor View Post
mine are bolted on
Can someone with a '09+ take a pic of their "bolted" hooks?
Old 10-31-2009, 10:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
i have a 07 REG CAB and welded....
Thank you. Glad I wasn't just loosin' my mind. What did your Hunter bar bolt to?