Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

factory oil filter

Old 10-31-2009, 01:42 PM   #1
stan powers will become famous soon enoughstan powers will become famous soon enough
stan powers's Tacoma Gallery
factory oil filter

Hey all. Ive got my 2010 taco DC and just did the first oil change at 1000 miles ( force of habit). I noticed the oil filter from the factory is made in japan and looks to be a way better filter than the OEM replacements i got from the dealership. The dealer filters are made in Thailand vs the japanese made factory filter. The factory filter had a red oil seal, a beefier looking construction and the inner construction looked better( i pulled it apart) than previous toyota oil filters i have looked into in the past. ANYWAY - just looking for comments and yes i did search and the only thread related is the very last one on the search and did not contain much info. thanks all.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:48 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
In the past, my oil samples have not been different from useing the Japan made filter vs. the one made in Thiland
Old 10-31-2009, 06:53 PM   #3
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
I like K&N HP-3001. Large in diameter and in length,

Yes I am anal, this one is painted RR.

This is setting on an OEM oil cooler.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:00 PM   #4
Gene563 is a name known to allGene563 is a name known to allGene563 is a name known to allGene563 is a name known to allGene563 is a name known to allGene563 is a name known to all

Marines: 1982-1988 Okinawa, Japan & Southern California
Name: Eugene
Gene563's Tacoma Gallery
Damn Coupe...that's nice!
Old 10-31-2009, 08:11 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
I never understood the appeal of carbon fiber, but I can't argue with Coupe's engine cover...that thing is the cleanest one on here. I'm NOT going to paint the oil filter every time I change it...just don't have that kind of motivation.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:41 PM   #7
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a wide shot.

I typically paint a few oil filters ata time.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:50 AM   #8
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
let me hold some of that money,dude!
Old 11-02-2009, 06:05 AM   #9
TRIFECTA!!!
swise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to behold

swise's Tacoma Gallery
goddamn!!
I thought mine was pretty trick because I put some armor all on the engine cover and made it shiny.....
Old 11-02-2009, 06:27 AM   #10
Furb is on a distinguished road
Furb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan powers View Post
Hey all. Ive got my 2010 taco DC and just did the first oil change at 1000 miles ( force of habit). I noticed the oil filter from the factory is made in japan and looks to be a way better filter than the OEM replacements i got from the dealership. The dealer filters are made in Thailand vs the japanese made factory filter. The factory filter had a red oil seal, a beefier looking construction and the inner construction looked better( i pulled it apart) than previous toyota oil filters i have looked into in the past. ANYWAY - just looking for comments and yes i did search and the only thread related is the very last one on the search and did not contain much info. thanks all.
I noticed the same thing when doing the first oil change on my '09. The part # on the filter was different as well.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:49 AM   #11
GTVAPSAMTIK has a spectacular aura aboutGTVAPSAMTIK has a spectacular aura aboutGTVAPSAMTIK has a spectacular aura about

Army: Base Defense Systems
Name: SOHAIL
GTVAPSAMTIK's Tacoma Gallery
I wanna steal your truck. You did a great job.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:35 PM   #12

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTVAPSAMTIK View Post
I wanna steal your truck. You did a great job.

Thanks
Old 11-03-2009, 12:33 PM   #13
Jeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to allJeff is a name known to all

Army: Sp4 in Personel Section HQ CO.
Jeff's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice looking, what sort of paint did you use? Spray bomb or gun?
Jeff 06, V6 SR5 6spd