1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2010 Tacoma and TSB (suspension)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Luv2camp, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Mar 25, 2010 at 4:48 PM
    youngmommy20

youngmommy20 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tasha
    Oregon
    I called the dealer today about the TSB, they told me they had NO IDEA what I was talking about and couldn't find any such thing in their computer. Does anyone know what the actual TSB # or code is for the 2010?Thanks!!

2. Mar 25, 2010 at 5:02 PM
    Fireguy68

Fireguy68 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    A Brown Guy
    Spring Hill, TN
    Vehicle:
    '07 Silver TRD DC Sport 4X4
    There is a thread on here somewhere where you can download the TSB and print it off. I went to my local Toyota dealer in Franklin, TN today and they said that they wouldn't do it because my '07 TRD was out of it's 3yr/36k mi warranty, by 20 days. Does it need to be within the warranty time frame to do it?

3. Mar 25, 2010 at 5:23 PM
    Waking the Dead

Waking the Dead Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport DC LB Gray
    Post #5 has the .pdf.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/69572-tsb-t-sb-0305-08-revision-2-includes-2009-2010-a.html

Can anyone that has had the spring tsb on a "double cab long bed sport prerunner" tell me if the new ride is as rough as the Off-Road suspension.

If so I might not get it done. The reason I got the Sport is because the Off-Road was too bouncy for me.

4. May 19, 2010 at 7:59 AM
    newtacoguy

newtacoguy Member

Member:
    Va Beach
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    Took my 10' 4x4 DC in yesterday for its first oil change, told them I tow and haul. I had already called Toyota and logged a claim. Gave them the claim number. They takled in circles for a minute, but when they said my truck was ready to pick up, also said the parts were on order. :eek: I was like cool thank you, see you at 4. Oh and when I got home, What are these scrathes on my door!!!!!!!!!! and a DING!!!!!!!!!!! They'll be fixing that when they do the suspension.

5. May 19, 2010 at 10:10 AM
    wylie

wylie Member

Member:
    First Name:
    wylie
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma Dbl cab
    Clarion CX609, Running Boards........one step at a time!!!
    I had mine done last week. For me it was really simple, though the tech's didn't seem to know anything about it. In fact when they read it, the first time they thought it was for customers who had issue with the truck riding too rough (lol). After talking with them about it and me firmly informing them that I did not want to be looking at the sky when loaded (the truck that is!!!) they did the TSB work, no more questions asked. Very satisfied.

The work was done at Fox Lake Toyota, Fox Lake Illinois. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

6. May 19, 2010 at 12:58 PM
    Brad30110

Brad30110 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Woodlawn Tn
    Vehicle:
    09 Taco PreRunner Sport
    I had a good experience with my dealership on the tsb issue. I bought a new DC Sport a few weeks ago, after a few days I had issues with my radio and I brought it in so they could take a look. While I was there I talked to the service rep and told him I was having issues stated in 2 TSB released for my year model. I had the TSB's in hand and he took them. Returned a few seconds later and told me the parts were on order. I dropped it off last night, and the tranny, and axle TSB are getting completed. I get to pick it up in a few hours...

I was able to talk pretty freely with him about the repairs and I asked him who pays for the repairs... Thinking because alot of people on the forum say they are told dealers won't fix the issues maybe the dealer has to pay for it. He told me the Toyota pays for it all, plus the labor to the dealer. He said they don't make near as much money for those repairs but doesn't lose any either. One or two repairs they make, makes me happy, and in a few years I'll buy another Toyota from them again. If any of y'all are in the Clarksville TN/ Hopkinsville KY area and are having issues maybe Joe Heitz Toyota might help ya out.

7. May 19, 2010 at 1:05 PM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    lol mine says 16lbs

8. May 19, 2010 at 3:12 PM
    PatrickJW

PatrickJW Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Rural Maine USA
    Vehicle:
    SR5 TRD off road/towing package
    Just begining, doing some research having some fun!!
    My yellow sticker says 2 lbs??? WTF?? Another poster was right that sticker has nothing to do with leaf springs. My 2010 went in for it's 5000k oil change etc today. When I made the apt the tech was on the phone with me looking at the TSB. When I dropped it off today the service order had the leaf spring upgrade & the TSB for the front drive train recall issue along with the 5000k oil change. They gave me a free loaner...get this...a 2010 Taco with fewer miles then mine. Good service so far. Central Maine Toyota (Auto Group) Waterville, Maine. I'll post tomorrrow if there is anything to add.

9. May 19, 2010 at 5:41 PM
    Brad30110

Brad30110 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Woodlawn Tn
    Vehicle:
    09 Taco PreRunner Sport
    I got my Taco today from the dealer. Had tranny and leaf springs TSB done. I love how it rides now, and the tranny was a whole new animal! Def very happy about that changes. My yellow sticker said 290lbs...

10. May 19, 2010 at 6:54 PM
    Mark350

Mark350 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Does the Canadian tacos still come with the 4 leaf pack?

11. Mar 1, 2011 at 2:50 PM
    JBRICENO

JBRICENO Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 TACOMA TRD SPORT SHORT BED DOUBLE CAB
    Yes, absolutely! The dealer (all) should be aware of TSB's and if they tell you they are not aware of it, then the Service Department Manager is not doing his/her job to inform the Service Dept Reps. I am actually taking my 09 TRD Sport in on Friday March 4, 2011 to the dealer. They are replacing the rear leaf springs, rear shocks, and front shocks with better more heavy duty. Yet, the ride is guaranteed to be the same. It is designed to correct the stability of the truck while under heavier hauling/towing. I actually have the teeter-totter effect when I tow my travel trailer. Going down the road, it feeels just like that. Very annoying and unsafe. The damn thing wonders all over. They are very light trucks to begin with and to have designed them with ligther duty shocks and springs was a BIG mistake by Toyota. I've been on my dealer and Toyota Corporate Rep for almost one year. Finally they brought up the TSB to correct it. Addtionally, I get a slight vibration from the truck that is only made when I hard throttle. There are several discussion out there on what this could be, including my own claiming it to be the torque converter. I feel that due to the lightness and smaller engine, the heavy towing weight has loosened the clutch plates inside the converter. Probably doesn't present a real safety issue (then again, it could), but the vibration can be very nerve racking, more so when you are actually towing.

Hope this helps! But, certainly stay on the dealers butts with this issue. If you get nowhere, just tell them you will be calling Toyota Corporate. I know we have one in Calif somewhere around Irvine, CA.

Products Discussed in

To Top