1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to engage rear locking differential?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 2beard, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Mar 14, 2008 at 10:37 AM
    WildcaTaco

WildcaTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab V6 TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Removed Secondary Air Filter
    I haven't actually tried it over 5 I will have see if it locks on me. I wonder if a PreRunner could do that mod as well, pretty pointless but none the less an exercise in modification over redundancy!

2. May 31, 2016 at 9:10 PM
    Let the mud fly !

Let the mud fly ! New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    I have a 2015 and wanted to practice engaging the rear locker before using it on a 4 wheel drive only boat launch next month...this is what I found. It worked just fine when done exactly by the book. Put the truck in neutral, turn off the rsca and traction control buttons, switch to 4 low on transfer case.here is the important part...put the gear shift in low,and wait until the 4x4 light is solid green... then hit the rear diff lock button. Drive at idle speed and the red light (rear locker) will turn solid red...solid red and solid green with no traction control of any kind is winning ! I tried all this in my drive way first for 10 minutes with no success haha the 4x4 light must go solid green then push the locker button that's the key ! And it will not engage with any of those traction control buttons activated. Good luck !image.jpg

Octechnician likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top