Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

No coverage by Warranty BS

Old 11-02-2009, 12:44 PM   #1
Opinions Vary...
ThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ThreeMan's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation No coverage by Warranty BS

Here is the deal. I went in for my 40k maintenance and told them about a problem I had found last week cleaning the windshield. At the botton of the windshield is the cowl that is attached by the weather strip. Well it is coming off, center first, and looks like there might be clips to hold it on...

They (Harrelson Toyota) called the warranty company, Fidelis I believe, and was given the resoponse that it is not covered because it is a "body Part". I have the Platinum Warranty, which was descibed as bumper to bumper, which I thought meant bumper to bumper. The paperwork is in a filing cabinet in storage, currently unaviliable until I can get to it.

Here are the questions:

Is the warranty company blowing smoke? Has anyone else encountered this? How was it resolved for you? Is it necessary to replace the whole part?

I thank you in advance,

G
Old 11-02-2009, 01:08 PM   #2
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Without your paperwork-It's hard to say if they are feeding you a line of crap-

But I have never heard of any warranty that would cover a body part like trim or molding. That stuff is bound to vibrate and take damage just by being exposed to the elements-
You may be SOL...but I'd get your paperwork out and see what it says.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Just for clarification, this is a Fidelis Platinum warranty, or a Toyota Platinum warranty?
Old 11-02-2009, 01:18 PM   #4
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeMan View Post
Here is the deal. I went in for my 40k maintenance and told them about a problem I had found last week cleaning the windshield. At the botton of the windshield is the cowl that is attached by the weather strip. Well it is coming off, center first, and looks like there might be clips to hold it on...

They (Harrelson Toyota) called the warranty company, Fidelis I believe, and was given the resoponse that it is not covered because it is a "body Part". I have the Platinum Warranty, which was descibed as bumper to bumper, which I thought meant bumper to bumper. The paperwork is in a filing cabinet in storage, currently unaviliable until I can get to it.

Here are the questions:

Is the warranty company blowing smoke? Has anyone else encountered this? How was it resolved for you? Is it necessary to replace the whole part?

I thank you in advance,

G
I had mine replaced under warranty. Said he had 'seen that before'.

I'll copy the write up for you;

A C.S. Moulding on bottom of windshield loose - See SOP
Cause: Plastic moulding separating
743011 COWL SIDE TRM BRD ASSY, 1 SD R&R
161 WT6
1 55708-04061 Louver
SUB-ASSY, COW
fc: 62-40
PART# 55708-04061
Count: 1
Claim type: RG
Auth code.....

Good luck!
Old 11-02-2009, 03:59 PM   #5
Opinions Vary...
ThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedThreeMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BS

I found the Cantract. I have the Fidelity Warranty Inc. Platinum, which was a raping, that is another story...

Anyways, the only contradictoy statement is no replacement of body parts and or panels. They said this is a body panel, but I would suggest this is not. It is the weather trim/cowl for the bottom of the windshield, quite pertinent to the sealing I would bet.

Any thoughts?
Old 11-02-2009, 04:30 PM   #6
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
I found the Cantract. I have the Fidelity Warranty Inc. Platinum, which was a raping, that is another story...

Anyways, the only contradictoy statement is no replacement of body parts and or panels. They said this is a body panel, but I would suggest this is not. It is the weather trim/cowl for the bottom of the windshield, quite pertinent to the sealing I would bet.

Any thoughts?
Couldn't tell you, but that was the part i needed replaced as indicated above.

Mine was a pice of cake through the manufacturer's 3 yr/36 month warranty.

My truck is an 09'.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:35 PM   #7
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:

Any thoughts?
If it's just clipped in- I doubt it does much for "sealing" the window. The window is installed with a gasket on the inside that glues the window in and drains that are at the bottom of the window.

Best of luck tho!!
Old 01-13-2010, 01:25 PM   #8
Opinions Vary...

More Stealership BS

I hate to revive an old thread, but I have had the problem fixed.

First off the cowl as stated by the warranty company is a "body panel" which they state is not covered. Considering replies in this thread, it is a cowl or trim piece. I agree.

Leaving the warranty issue out for now, here is how it went.

HARRELSON TOYOTA Told me I needed to replace the part in whole, even though it had obviously just slipped off. In fact, it was still on for the most part. Thier remedy was to charge me around $380 for the piece, and then add labor on my dime.

SCOTT CLARKS TOYOTA'S remedy was put it back on, NO charge.

In retrospect, if anyone has the choice, do not go to Harrelson.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:30 PM   #9
braggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbraggman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
braggman7's Tacoma Gallery
bought mine from scott clarks not too long ago. good to hear some good news coming from them. recommended.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:35 PM   #10
Quote:

First off the cowl as stated by the warranty company is a "body panel" which they state is not covered. Considering replies in this thread, it is a cowl or trim piece. I agree.

Leaving the warranty issue out for now, here is how it went.

HARRELSON TOYOTA Told me I needed to replace the part in whole, even though it had obviously just slipped off. In fact, it was still on for the most part. Thier remedy was to charge me around $380 for the piece, and then add labor on my dime.

Good for you. I had the exact same issue and it was obviously a defective trim piece / cowl.

They were hardly shocked when i showed them it. Obviously they had seen it before.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:11 PM   #11
HankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud of
Name: Hank
HankB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Neverhesitate to revive an old thread when you can add useful information!

Glav to hear that you found a good solution.