Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Questions

Old 11-02-2009, 08:30 PM   #1
D Train has a spectacular aura aboutD Train has a spectacular aura about

D Train's Tacoma Gallery
Questions

May I start with the dumb questions????

Dumb Question# 1 How can I tell if my truck has everything I need to for xm radio or will I have to buy extra parts? Is there something I can look for?

Dumb Question #2 I am interested in a 3in lift. I don't do any off roading and would like the best ride possible. What should I go with? money is not a problem. Not because I have lots of it but because I am willing to wait till I can get whats best.

Dumb Question #3 My truck came with the back up cam is it possible for a audio shop to use the monitor on the rearview mirror asa addtional tv?

Dumb Question #4 I am not fond of the 09 taillights is it possible to swap them out with 08 and will it effect the back up cam?

Thanks in advance
Old 11-03-2009, 01:09 AM   #2
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Train View Post
May I start with the dumb questions????

Dumb Question# 1 How can I tell if my truck has everything I need to for xm radio or will I have to buy extra parts? Is there something I can look for?
I don't think any of them come with XM unless the dealer happened to add it. Check out this area and see if you can answer your questions...
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/

Dumb Question #2 I am interested in a 3in lift. I don't do any off roading and would like the best ride possible. What should I go with? money is not a problem. Not because I have lots of it but because I am willing to wait till I can get whats best.
Check in here and decide what would work for you...
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/

Dumb Question #3 My truck came with the back up cam is it possible for a audio shop to use the monitor on the rearview mirror asa addtional tv?
Highly doubt it, but take it to an audio shop and find out then post up in here
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/
or here
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/technical-chat/

Dumb Question #4 I am not fond of the 09 taillights is it possible to swap them out with 08 and will it effect the back up cam?
I think you can switch them and I don't think it would affect the cam, but I'm not certain...check in here
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lighting/
and maybe you can find someone to trade you or some for sale in here
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy-sell-trade/

Thanks in advance
Happy reading
Old 11-03-2009, 07:54 AM   #3
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Train View Post

Thanks in advance
for question #4
you can swap out 05-08 with no problems, it will not affect anything at all..
i will gladly trade you for my 06 tails!
Old 11-03-2009, 08:30 AM   #4
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
if it has an xm ant mounted on the rear roof its ready,you just have to by the kit to complete it.