LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Check out how cheap these 2010 Tacoma speakers are!!!

Old 11-02-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
Say What?
patrickockander is on a distinguished road
Army: Served as a Combat Medic with 3rd BDE 2nd ID "Stryker Brigade", now serving as a reservist/student
Name: Patrick
patrickockander's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down Check out how cheap these 2010 Tacoma speakers are!!!

I just took these out of my 2010 Taco, trd 4 door...I'm surprised they sounded as good as they did!
Attached Thumbnails
Check out how cheap these 2010 Tacoma speakers are!!!-getattachment-6.aspx.jpeg  
Old 11-02-2009, 09:19 PM   #3
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, they are pieces of junk. I was just going to post up some pictures I had taken of mine yesterday. I must say, it was a little embarrassing when a friend came over and saw those pieces of shit laying in the trash can. The magnet would barely pick up a paper clip.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:20 PM   #4
Say What?
Army: Served as a Combat Medic with 3rd BDE 2nd ID "Stryker Brigade", now serving as a reservist/student
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
lol

We should have the option of having the dealer uninstall the system and save us whatever they charge us for these POS. lol
Old 11-02-2009, 09:20 PM   #5
Say What?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC4333 View Post
Yep, they are pieces of junk. I was just going to post up some pictures I had taken of mine yesterday. I must say, it was a little embarrassing when a friend came over and saw those pieces of shit laying in the trash can. The magnet would barely pick up a paper clip.
hahahahahahahahahahah!!!
Old 11-02-2009, 09:20 PM   #6
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickockander View Post
We should have the option of having the dealer uninstall the system and save us whatever they charge us for these POS. lol
I have the jbl package. Hopefully they are better. I love them so far
Old 11-02-2009, 09:22 PM   #7
Say What?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
I have the jbl package. Hopefully they are better. I love them so far
oh bro, if you do ever access them, please post a pic, I'm really curious
Old 11-02-2009, 09:24 PM   #9
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
oh bro, if you do ever access them, please post a pic, I'm really curious

lol, from what I hear they are not too much better. The best part about this whole deal was how the tweeter magnets were twice the size of the door speakers.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:28 PM   #10
Soundwave has a spectacular aura aboutSoundwave has a spectacular aura about

Soundwave's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, the Tacoma has been getting the shaft for its stereo system quality! If you think the door speakers are shitty, check out the ceiling mounted speakers in the Access Cab Models!!! I think iPod head phones and louder!
Old 11-03-2009, 12:32 AM   #11
Say What?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC4333 View Post
lol, from what I hear they are not too much better. The best part about this whole deal was how the tweeter magnets were twice the size of the door speakers.
Yeah no joke. the tweeter magnets were about twice the size and even had a capacitor. lol. Maybe the people at Toyota expect their customers to remove the system almost immediately.

You know though, in their defense, it sounded OK, which is why I was so surprised when I pulled them out..
Old 11-03-2009, 07:56 AM   #12
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
is that magnets on the back or m&m's!
Old 11-03-2009, 11:20 AM   #13
Gitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant futureGitmo has a brilliant future
Name: Justin
Gitmo's Tacoma Gallery
I just picked up a 2010 TRD Offroad and as soon as I got home to rip the speakers out.. wtf is this?! Those magnets are a fuckin joke!

Are the speakers mounted in the ceiling for sure in the access cab? Because I couldn't find the other two so I gave up for the night =\.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:23 AM   #14
bobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bobwilson1977's Tacoma Gallery
My 96 has in my opinion a pretty good sound system. Its the factory speakers, but they actually sound great. I used to really crank them when I was younger.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:24 AM   #15
ElPhantasmo&TheChickenRunBlastarama
rutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud of
rutherk1's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rutherk1
These speakers are not that bad.

They use neodymium magnets. Look at any new decent speaker from BA or MBQuart and they have about the same size magnets.

Quote:
I'm surprised they sounded as good as they did!
Judge a speaker not by the way it looks.

I have a pair of altec lansing's from the 1950s that will blow your socks off and the magnets are not big at all.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:25 AM   #16
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just took these out of my 2010 Taco, trd 4 door...I'm surprised they sounded as good as they did!
I know I died laughing when I took mine out. I used to have a 72 monte carlo...a long time ago. It had better speakers in it though....
Old 11-03-2009, 11:31 AM   #17
ElPhantasmo&TheChickenRunBlastarama
rutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud of
rutherk1's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rutherk1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallyman89 View Post
Maybe we should not judge on the magnet size, but a plastic frame???
Plastic doesn't rust. Plus the speaker gets its rigidity from the door it mounts too.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:32 AM   #18
bobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bobwilson1977's Tacoma Gallery
I used to have a set of speakers from the 50's as well. They used a electrocoil versus a rare earth magnet. I had a tube amp stereo hooked up to them. About the best sounding speakers I ever owned.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:36 AM   #19
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
I believe that one JL Audio VR series 6x9 weighed more than all the speakers when I took them out. I should have done a legit scale. haha
Old 11-03-2009, 11:44 AM   #20
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutherk1 View Post
These speakers are not that bad.

They use neodymium magnets. Look at any new decent speaker from BA or MBQuart and they have about the same size magnets.

Judge a speaker not by the way it looks.

I have a pair of altec lansing's from the 1950s that will blow your socks off and the magnets are not big at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rutherk1 View Post
Plastic doesn't rust. Plus the speaker gets its rigidity from the door it mounts too.
Truth truth truth!!!
Quote:
Yeah no joke. the tweeter magnets were about twice the size and even had a capacitor. lol. Maybe the people at Toyota expect their customers to remove the system almost immediately.

You know though, in their defense, it sounded OK, which is why I was so surprised when I pulled them out..
That little cap is a crossover to filter out the low frequencies so they don't reach the tweeter.