LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Lift Kits from Toytec

Old 11-03-2009, 01:07 PM   #1
jdub is on a distinguished road
jdub's Tacoma Gallery
Lift Kits from Toytec

Hi i was just wondering whats the difference in the lifts kits that toytec offers. The basic, complete, and ultimate. I know the prices are different but whats the difference between the kits? Is the extra price between them well worth it? I'm not planning to do any type of crazy off roading often if at all. I usually use my truck as a daily driver and i guess the lift is more for looks. Also, do the different kits offer a better ride than the other? Your opinions are greatly appreciated! thanks!
Old 11-03-2009, 02:43 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
just go with the OME kit that gives you shocks as well.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

and get some new shocks as well.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:47 PM   #3
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
AAL and 5100's all the way.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:02 PM   #4
Faskev is just really niceFaskev is just really niceFaskev is just really niceFaskev is just really nice
Faskev's Tacoma Gallery
The Ultimate lift kit includes height adjustable coil-over's which give you a better ride and the option to fine tune your front ride height

The OME lift includes shocks and front coils that give you the lift. The ride is good but you don't have any adjustability.

The basic kit includes front spacers which add preload to your front springs giving you a stiffer ride and puts more stress on other stock components. This is also not adjustable.

Most of these kits use an add-a-leaf for the rear leaf spring pack which increases the rear ride height. The basic kit can be purchased with a block which is essentially a spacer.

If you are sticking to the streets and don't mind a stiff ride then the spacers would give you the look you want.

Being your truck is fairly new I would invest in at least the OME lift so you can keep a nice ride.

I have the Ultimate lift kit and love it. I have it set at 3" of lift and it rides great. I would recommend it to anyone short of those wanting to launch their truck 6 feet in the air off of a sand dune, then they should look at long travel!
Old 11-03-2009, 03:05 PM   #5
09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: security forces
09tacoLI's Tacoma Gallery
^ nice post I all so have the ult kit from toytec and love it.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:13 PM   #7
Faskev is just really niceFaskev is just really niceFaskev is just really niceFaskev is just really nice
Faskev's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SManZ View Post
On the Toytec ultimate kit can the ride height be adjusted after the coilovers are installed?
Yes absolutely, the best way is to remove the front wheels then use the supplied wrench to adjust the coilovers. If you can change a tire, you can adjust the coilovers.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:12 AM   #8
jdub is on a distinguished road
jdub's Tacoma Gallery
thanks so much faskev. that helped alot.