1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift Kits from Toytec

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jdub, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Nov 3, 2009 at 1:07 PM
    jdub

jdub [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    White SR5 PreRunner
    Hi i was just wondering whats the difference in the lifts kits that toytec offers. The basic, complete, and ultimate. I know the prices are different but whats the difference between the kits? Is the extra price between them well worth it? I'm not planning to do any type of crazy off roading often if at all. I usually use my truck as a daily driver and i guess the lift is more for looks. Also, do the different kits offer a better ride than the other? Your opinions are greatly appreciated! thanks!

2. Nov 3, 2009 at 2:43 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    just go with the OME kit that gives you shocks as well. and get some new shocks as well.

3. Nov 3, 2009 at 2:47 PM
    Hoyal

Hoyal Whiskey bent and hell bound.

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    N 39.2249 W -106.16974
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra
    Big tires, big lift, Lots of stuff's.
    AAL and 5100's all the way.

4. Nov 3, 2009 at 3:02 PM
    Faskev

Faskev Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Ultimate lift kit includes height adjustable coil-over's which give you a better ride and the option to fine tune your front ride height

The OME lift includes shocks and front coils that give you the lift. The ride is good but you don't have any adjustability.

The basic kit includes front spacers which add preload to your front springs giving you a stiffer ride and puts more stress on other stock components. This is also not adjustable.

Most of these kits use an add-a-leaf for the rear leaf spring pack which increases the rear ride height. The basic kit can be purchased with a block which is essentially a spacer.

If you are sticking to the streets and don't mind a stiff ride then the spacers would give you the look you want.

Being your truck is fairly new I would invest in at least the OME lift so you can keep a nice ride.

I have the Ultimate lift kit and love it. I have it set at 3" of lift and it rides great. I would recommend it to anyone short of those wanting to launch their truck 6 feet in the air off of a sand dune, then they should look at long travel!

5. Nov 3, 2009 at 3:05 PM
    09tacoLI

09tacoLI Well-Known Member

Member:
    long island ny
    Vehicle:
    09 off road
    Shrockworks sliders,Shrockworks Front bumper,Warn 9.5xp winch,Toytec Ult.3in,Total Chaos UCAs,AP expo Rear, Fox remote resi shocks Bud built skids,Piaa 7in,Piaa yellow plasma Off road lights.
    ^ nice post I all so have the ult kit from toytec and love it.

6. Nov 3, 2009 at 3:39 PM
    SManZ

SManZ Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    On the Toytec ultimate kit can the ride height be adjusted after the coilovers are installed?

7. Nov 3, 2009 at 4:13 PM
    Faskev

Faskev Well-Known Member

Member:
    Yes absolutely, the best way is to remove the front wheels then use the supplied wrench to adjust the coilovers. If you can change a tire, you can adjust the coilovers.

8. Nov 5, 2009 at 3:12 AM
    jdub

jdub [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    White SR5 PreRunner
    thanks so much faskev. that helped alot.

Products Discussed in

To Top