1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bed Cleat Info

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by DdayIsNear, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Nov 3, 2009 at 3:09 PM
    DdayIsNear

DdayIsNear [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy
    NW Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    All pro sliders
    Does anyone know the specs....if there are any for the bed cleats that would be on the 05+ or if it is vehicle specific i have an 07. by specs i mean, wieght to support, strength, recommended this or that, manufacturer specs.

thanks

2. Nov 3, 2009 at 3:15 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I think they are all the same. If they fit the rails- Good to go.

They are rated to not more than 200 lbs. I wouldn't even trust them with that much, but I've moved my rails out from the edge of the bed to install my tonneau.

3. Nov 3, 2009 at 3:15 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    They're all the same....

4. Nov 3, 2009 at 3:20 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    i thought they made 2 sizes. some fit under bed covers and some didnt.mine fit under my access cover.

5. Nov 3, 2009 at 3:40 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I think there is a smaller size you can buy after market- They both fit under the covers when the covers come with the rail spacers.

I have the big cleats- I can't remove them from the rail easily...but I can slide them forward or back as needed.

6. Nov 3, 2009 at 4:00 PM
    C-Hawk

C-Hawk Active Member

Member:
    For what its worth, the cleats on my son's '10 Tacoma came with a card stating the following.

"CAUTION Applying loads at an angle to the bed cleat greater than 45 degrees or loads greater than 220 lbs may cause damage to the bed, bed rail system, bed cleat and or the cargo."

As for us, we plan to install an additional pair of D-Rings with backing plates to secure his RMZ soon.

7. Nov 3, 2009 at 4:22 PM
    ImpulseRed008

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    They do - the big ones, the little ones, plus some little ones with hooks.

8. Nov 3, 2009 at 4:25 PM
    AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    the big cleats are easy to remove. twist the lock till its loose, pull the cleat inwards and turn.

9. Nov 3, 2009 at 4:35 PM
    ImpulseRed008

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    Not if you have a low profile tonneau cover :eek:

10. Nov 3, 2009 at 4:37 PM
    AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    oops :eek: didnt read that part

thanks susan!

11. Nov 3, 2009 at 4:39 PM
    ImpulseRed008

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    :cool:

12. Nov 3, 2009 at 4:41 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Except for when the rail is attached to the rail for my tonneau cover and that tonneau cover rail makes it impossible to rotate the cleats 90 degrees needs to just slip them out.

I end up taking the end cap off the side rail and sliding them out the end. I don't think I could get them into the rail at the head of the bed if I wanted to.

13. Nov 3, 2009 at 4:42 PM
    AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    lol yup impulse pointed that out to me! :eek:

14. Mar 9, 2010 at 4:46 AM
    ETAV8R

ETAV8R Out DERP'n

Member:
    Republik of Commiefornia
    Vehicle:
    MGM 09 AC 4WD V6 TRD-OR w/ Tradesman Shell
    Just the basics
    What if you attached metal L shaped brackets to the rail system? How much weight do they support?

ie: L shaped brackets attached to four 2x10s across the bed to put plywood on top for a sleeping platform.

Products Discussed in

To Top