Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

LED Bed Cargo Lights

Old 11-05-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
Railtech will become famous soon enoughRailtech will become famous soon enough

Railtech's Tacoma Gallery
Cool LED Bed Cargo Lights

Hi Everybody,
Just wanted to share an easy and functional mod. Since the install of my undercover its pretty dark in the bed.

I purchased a pair of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TWO-1...Q5fAccessories

I ran a fused 12V from the battery junction box to a switch I found at Walmart. Since these pull milliamps I didn't use a relay like I normally would for aux lights.

They are about a 1/4 inch shorter than the tracks so they remain fully functional. They don't look very bright in daylight but are very effective at night or in the garage. If I ever get into the A pillar I will rewire to the dome light ground as suggested here and they will operate with the dome light and remote. You can see the LED switch on the 3rd pic, it too is protected by the rail.

They ended up looking pretty clean and simple. A very simple install with some good functionality.

Enjoy!!

Old 11-05-2009, 04:01 PM   #3
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking mod. I'll be doing this is the near future. Great pics!
Old 11-05-2009, 04:16 PM   #4
cutothechase35 is on a distinguished road

cutothechase35's Tacoma Gallery
lights

Like them. Will be doing in the near future like them.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking out man...nice post!
Old 11-07-2009, 08:50 AM   #6
Male Member
Taco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to beholdTaco Ron is a splendid one to behold

Taco Ron's Tacoma Gallery
Very clean install.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:53 AM   #7
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Nice! Very clean install. How bright are they?
Old 11-07-2009, 08:53 AM   #8
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
thats pretty slick but maybe look into a pressure switch so when you open the cover they come on
Old 11-07-2009, 09:05 AM   #9
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
clean!!! Very nice
Old 11-19-2009, 06:20 PM   #11
2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of

2009Silver's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered some of those lights. How big of a hole did you drill through the side of the bed to run the wires through? Did you remove the big blob of plastic/wax where the wires come out of the back of the lights?
Old 11-19-2009, 06:37 PM   #12
riggsjt will become famous soon enoughriggsjt will become famous soon enough
Navy: SNA - yanking and banking T-45Cs
Name: Jake
riggsjt's Tacoma Gallery
do you have a pictures with them on at night?
Old 11-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #13
2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of

2009Silver's Tacoma Gallery
One was super bright when I lit it up on my workbench. I bought 4...
Old 11-20-2009, 07:14 AM   #14
Railtech will become famous soon enoughRailtech will become famous soon enough

Railtech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009Silver View Post
I ordered some of those lights. How big of a hole did you drill through the side of the bed to run the wires through? Did you remove the big blob of plastic/wax where the wires come out of the back of the lights?
I drilled a 3/8 hole to run the wires I am pretty sure. I used sheet metal screws to mount the lights themselves. I did use a razor blade window scraper to cut around some of the goo. I used the blade to cut down first then trimmed to the back of the light. You are correct there was a good bit of glue used to seal it up. I didn't remove it all there was still plenty around the wires.

They are pretty dang bright, I have used them quite a bit since the time change.