1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lund Windshield Visor

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by santas212, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Sep 18, 2010 at 10:22 AM
    Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Black 2002 Tacoma Xtra Cab, 4x4, TRD, SR5
    Eibach/Bilsteins, Beefed shackles, Bushwacker Cut-Outs, Custom roll bar, TG Sliders, Elite Front Bumper, XRC8 Winch
    I've been interested in this for my 02. I saw a 01-04 bsp with a color matched visor and it suprisingly looked pretty cool. Post pics!!!

2. Sep 19, 2010 at 6:09 AM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    I've seen a few in my area with the visor installed. IMO it looked like poopy. :cool:

My dad had one on a Chevy many years ago. That looked ok, but every few months it worked loose from the wind constantly pounding on it. After about 2 years he took it off because he got tired of messing with it coming loose.

3. Sep 19, 2010 at 7:01 AM
    90YotaPU

90YotaPU The Messiah

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Union County, NJ
    Vehicle:
    1990 Toyota 4x4 (Pre-Taco)
    Aftermarket Stereo, Spidertrax Wheel Spacers, HF Air Horns, 3" Lift
    I had one on my '99. Attached are two pics right after it was claybared and buffed in March. Then in August it got bought back from Yota :( for the frame recall. I loved the visor. I plan on putting one on my '10. Personally I wouldn't go for the lights again though. While it looked nice at night, when I had the visor repainted (after nine years it started fading) it was a pain to hook back up. Just my thoughts.

Picture 064.jpg
    Picture 065.jpg

4. Sep 19, 2010 at 7:05 AM
    Boilerman

Boilerman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Texas, northwest of the Big Pond
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner SR5 Magnetic Gray 2.7L
    Seems like you would be creating more drag by putting that thing on and your gas mileage would suffer:confused:

5. Oct 1, 2010 at 11:15 PM
    90YotaPU

90YotaPU The Messiah

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Union County, NJ
    Vehicle:
    If anyone was interested in them for a newer model, I checked with a local shop who called Lund (while I was standing there) and they don't have a visor designed for any Tacoma newer than '07.

6. Oct 1, 2010 at 11:30 PM
    THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
    makes your truck look like a GM.

gay

7. Oct 2, 2010 at 7:35 AM
    90YotaPU

90YotaPU The Messiah

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Union County, NJ
    Vehicle:

Not sure what you mean by this. If you're saying a Taco with a visor looks like a GM, I'd surely like to know which model. If you're saying it makes it look like a GM because a lot of GM's have visors (which I disagree with), then I would say it looks more like a Peterbilt, Kenworth, Freightliner, or International being the big trucks were the originals to have the visors.

To each their own, but I'll surely take your opinion into anything I do to my truck. Wouldn't want you to think my truck looks gay.

rmorse likes this.
  8. Nov 2, 2010 at 7:57 PM
    Forster46

Forster46 Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    Idk if you ever got a visor fro your truck, but I have been looking for one for a long time. I love the look of them, and functionality. I don't really care what others think. I have an 06 black access cab. If you ever found a good visor for a good price let me know, I love the clearance lights on them as well. My cousin had one on his red 93 and I loved the look of it. I have never seen a 2nd gen with a visor.

9. Mar 10, 2011 at 5:36 PM
    90YotaPU

90YotaPU The Messiah

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Union County, NJ
    Vehicle:
    Sorry, just saw this post. Never ended up finding one. I found out Lund is no longer making them but their line was taken over by a company called STK. I contacted them and they said they don't have one now but have plans to make one and to check back shortly.

10. Apr 2, 2012 at 7:13 PM
    HedgehogOutdoors

HedgehogOutdoors Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    CT
    Vehicle:
    '98 4runner SR5
    These visors look a lot cooler IMO than regular stickers that go across the top, but I ain't got hundreds of bucks to throw out to shade my eyes, so I just got an American made sticker for $12 to go across the top of the windshield, the only problem is I don't have a truck lol.

11. Apr 2, 2012 at 9:16 PM
    santas212

santas212 [OP] I'm on a boat!

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    '09 DCLB, TRD Sport, Barcelona Red
    Mostly miscellaneous electronic mods.... -2 spare Electrical fuse blocks hard wired to the battery with a key on relay. -Hard Wired Radar detector over rearview mirror. -2 Dual Whelen Avenger blue LED emergency lights, one on each side of the rearview mirror. -EP911 Blue LED Light Bar & Traffic Advisor, Rear Windows. -4 corner amber strobes in stock lights. -Hardwired RF Scanner with external speaker under center console. -Huskyliner front splash guards -Fireband 2 way radio in center console. -Herculiner painted on hitch and skid plate. -Switch to power one 12v socket when truck is off. -AntiDark LED strip under hood with switch. -Timbren Rubber Springs - Rear -MBRP Offroad Cat-Back with Resonator -Duratrac's -Provisor -Color matched hood bug shield
    Do you have a picture or a link for this $12 sticker??

12. Apr 4, 2012 at 5:15 PM
    HedgehogOutdoors

HedgehogOutdoors Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    CT
    Vehicle:
    '98 4runner SR5
    This is a link to the company that makes them, they have tons to choose from
    http://chroma-graphics.com/

13. Jan 5, 2013 at 4:20 AM
    War Taco

War Taco Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    pending
    I for one, am interested in seeing your test fit pics!

14. Jan 6, 2013 at 9:53 PM
    santas212

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    Mostly miscellaneous electronic mods.... -2 spare Electrical fuse blocks hard wired to the battery with a key on relay. -Hard Wired Radar detector over rearview mirror. -2 Dual Whelen Avenger blue LED emergency lights, one on each side of the rearview mirror. -EP911 Blue LED Light Bar & Traffic Advisor, Rear Windows. -4 corner amber strobes in stock lights. -Hardwired RF Scanner with external speaker under center console. -Huskyliner front splash guards -Fireband 2 way radio in center console. -Herculiner painted on hitch and skid plate. -Switch to power one 12v socket when truck is off. -AntiDark LED strip under hood with switch. -Timbren Rubber Springs - Rear -MBRP Offroad Cat-Back with Resonator -Duratrac's -Provisor -Color matched hood bug shield
    Sadly there are no test fit pics...

About a week after I placed that order it kinda just went away. When I called the company they said the product doesn't exist & my card was never charged or something. That was like 3 years ago.

I continued my search until I got Lund on the phone via their website & they said they had sold the entire product line, including all its molds & templates...

It was sold to Keystone Restyling http://www.keystonerestyling.com/ I called them a few times about this & checked their website often. They don't show anything about these on their site for any trucks, their site actually looks pretty disfunctional from my phone now.

They had started up production on the most popular visors, Ford/Chevy, and promised they would get Toyota's after a few months. Maybe it's time to give them another ring?

I had pretty much given up on this. Let me know if you come across anything.

Thanks

15. Jan 7, 2013 at 8:46 AM
    santas212

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    You got my interest going again...

Emailed keystone & stk heard back from both already. Keystone basically told me to piss off. Stk said they make their own line of visors similar to Lund visors (and apparently the same part numbers)

I sent a second email in asking about price, color matching & running lights, but they do make a model for 05-12 taco's!

More to follow

16. Jan 7, 2013 at 11:57 PM
    santas212

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    Todays update (if anyone's listening)

Emailed with STK some more, It looks like they are going to let me come visit their sales office in NJ and we can take an unpainted one out and drop it on my truck to get an idea of what it looks like (that will save us all the trouble of throwing money at it before we know what it looks like)

From the STK Rep "This is a newer part for us and not one of our better selling numbers. While I think it looks good once on the truck, I am not really happy with
    the way it mounts to the roof. On most applications, the mounting pads lay
    flat against the roof, but not so on the Tacoma." Not quite sure what he means by this but maybe next month i will have a day off and can run out there to test fit.

As for lights, STK just re-sells the Lund lights to mount on their visor, i might do something different (cheaper, smaller, LED) but that's a ways out.

For color matching, STK does not paint these, but once they get out to their dealers, many of them sell them painted.

Estimated Costs based on buytruckaccessories.com Visor $270, Paint $120, Lights $94 Total is $484 which is pretty steep, i may hold off on the lights and paint it myself...

There will be pictures to follow, probably mid Feb...

:worthless:

17. Jan 8, 2013 at 12:39 AM
    Forster46

Forster46 Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
  18. Feb 20, 2013 at 10:09 AM
    santas212

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    Update...

Didn't have time to hook up with the guy at the STK sales office in NJ this month...

going back to work for two weeks, I'll try again next time i'm in town, in March.

19. Mar 21, 2013 at 11:03 AM
    santas212

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
  20. Mar 21, 2013 at 11:05 AM
    santas212

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Georgetown, CT
    Vehicle:
    color matched painted & shipped to me for $390. should be here next friday, so ill get some more pics after its painted/mounted

Also there was some talk about maybe a group buy.... we'll see how we do with it.

Products Discussed in

To Top