Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Minor Mystery...

Old 11-07-2009, 02:14 PM   #1
Tilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lyle
Tilt's Tacoma Gallery
Minor Mystery...

Today I found a small connector piece in (sort of) a pocket, just forward of my front (driver side) tire. It's a small plastic pocket space (with a hole to allow debris to fall through) kind of directly under the headlight backs. Anyway, this little connector piece was rattling around in there - too big to fall through the hole. I haven't had time to crawl under and see where it's from. Any guesses here before I do?

Old 11-07-2009, 02:21 PM   #2
alteredillusions has a spectacular aura aboutalteredillusions has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: SSgt Vehicle Mechanic/Autobody
alteredillusions's Tacoma Gallery
Speed nut for inner fender may be?
Old 11-07-2009, 02:21 PM   #3
What would Scooby do?
travelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
travelingman's Tacoma Gallery
It serves as a nut for body part bolts,etc.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:23 PM   #5
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
Flux capacitor I only say that cuz I'm almost sure you can't time travel
Old 11-07-2009, 03:28 PM   #6
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
If you lay down under the pocket with the hole in it, you'll see a couple screws holding the pocket in place. The object you found is what the aft most fastener screws into...the screw also helps hold the bottom of the driver's side fender flair.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:34 PM   #7
Old Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shedOld Soul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old Soul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
If you lay down under the pocket with the hole in it, you'll see a couple screws holding the pocket in place. The object you found is what the aft most fastener screws into...the screw also helps hold the bottom of the driver's side fender flair.

if the fastener fell off then the screw is probably not far behind , make sure the screw is not in the tire
Old 11-07-2009, 04:04 PM   #8
Tilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedTilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tilt's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the pointers. I'll crawl under tomorrow and have a close look to make sure nothing's loose.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:33 PM   #9
SubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the roughSubZombie is a jewel in the rough
SubZombie's Tacoma Gallery
I know exactly what it is. It goes on the very front part of either side of the front fenders flares. Not really in the actual wheel well, in the front under the bumper. Clips and slides through a hole where the fender flares attach to the front bumper. I'm not even sure there is a screw associated with it, for some reason I remember it just cliping and going through the hole, but it could still have a screw, don't remember.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:19 PM   #10

Tilt's Tacoma Gallery
Minor mystery solved. SubZ was right.....and I'm pretty sure fletch was right too. Found the connector firmly in place where SubZ said. I'm sure it was a case of 'fumble-fingers' just grabbing another part to keep things going. Guess I have an extra now.