1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD Sport and Speedway Blue - questions about it

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by cycledrum, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Feb 19, 2008 at 11:21 AM
    cycledrum

cycledrum [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Union City, CA
    Vehicle:
    88 4X4 Pickup xtra cab, SR5
    Heard that. Around here, Silver and White outnumber. I wouldn't buy either. It's gotta have color, preferably blue or green shade.

2. Feb 19, 2008 at 11:27 AM
    allrsdup

allrsdup Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sahuarita AZ.
    Vehicle:
    2018 dcsb trd offroad 4x4 Inferno
    i have the speedway blue long bed dc trd sport and i love it. long bed has a better ride then a short bed.

3. Feb 19, 2008 at 11:31 AM
    cycledrum

Member:
    Union City, CA
    Vehicle:
    I built a 79" plywood platform with vertical board, braced it in my truck to simulate a short bed, tied down my dirt bike and drove around a while. Rear tire was a few inches from end of tailgate, enough to remove the ramp. So, short bed is feasible for motorcycle hauling although not ideal.

I know I'll get flamed for this, but I've looked in the Ridgeline beds, same length as Tacoma short bed, but wider.

Glad I don't have to make a decision now.

4. Feb 19, 2008 at 2:13 PM
    CtryBoyInMT

CtryBoyInMT Lifetime Member

Member:
    United States of America
    Vehicle:
    2008 4WD V6 Access Manual TRD Off-Road
    Tinted windows, Rear locker anytime, Secondary filter delete, Parking light activated Fog lights, USA▪Spec Ipod adapter, Map light mod, Relocated 7-Blade, Warn Trans4mer Brushguard & winch, Tire chains, Homelink© installed in headliner, LED lighted 4x4 Switch, Defrost w/o A/C, Heated mirrors, Bilstein 5100's (1.75") & Rear TSB, 50w Reverse lights, Pratt & Whitney PT6A-68, Will this list ever end???
    I'll buy that. I haven't owned my Husky 125 for a few years now and all I have left is my R6 streetbike. But I do believe that the Husky may have fit in a short box.:)

5. Feb 20, 2008 at 4:24 AM
    Viper-2

Viper-2 Secret Agent

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner with many mods
    Those were the good ol days alright. ;) This board has a lot of new traffic that just kinda goes away.

6. Feb 20, 2008 at 6:47 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    yeah, alot of the good ole fights are gone now. i dont make fun of Canada or Texas nearly as much as i use to. Although i still take a shot at sawdust and TheMaster when i get a chance. unfortunately TheMaster has pretty much stopped fighting back. i think part of it has to do with teh site getting bigger and more people getting offended at stupid stuff. Oh well. I'm glad my comment didnt piss you off and make you sic the "I4 Squadron" on me, then i'd be in big trouble. Oh wait, nevermind, all i'd have to do is tap my gas pedal and you guys would never see me again. BOOYAH!!!

7. Feb 21, 2008 at 11:04 PM
    cycledrum

Member:
    Union City, CA
    Vehicle:
    Toyota.com ought to only feature the colors Silver, Black and White under Tacoma photos because those 3 colors are by far the vast majority of colors found within a 100 mile radius at 45 dealers around the San Francisco Bay Area.

Products Discussed in

To Top