Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TRD Sport and Speedway Blue - questions about it

Old 02-19-2008, 12:21 PM   #21
cycledrum is a splendid one to beholdcycledrum is a splendid one to beholdcycledrum is a splendid one to beholdcycledrum is a splendid one to beholdcycledrum is a splendid one to beholdcycledrum is a splendid one to behold
cycledrum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper-2 View Post
I read somewhere that the most stolen color of all vehicles is Silver. So...our Silver streak brothers are most at risk.

Of course that could be because they are also the majority by far of all colors.
Heard that. Around here, Silver and White outnumber. I wouldn't buy either. It's gotta have color, preferably blue or green shade.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:27 PM   #22
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
i have the speedway blue long bed dc trd sport and i love it. long bed has a better ride then a short bed.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:31 PM   #23
cycledrum is a splendid one to beholdcycledrum is a splendid one to beholdcycledrum is a splendid one to beholdcycledrum is a splendid one to beholdcycledrum is a splendid one to beholdcycledrum is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtryBoyInMT View Post
Long vs. Short bed is a totally personal choice. The DC long bed wasn't an option for me, as it would not fit in my garage; likewise,

the DC short bed was too small to haul my bike around, as I didn't want the rear tire on the tailgate.
I built a 79" plywood platform with vertical board, braced it in my truck to simulate a short bed, tied down my dirt bike and drove around a while. Rear tire was a few inches from end of tailgate, enough to remove the ramp. So, short bed is feasible for motorcycle hauling although not ideal.

I know I'll get flamed for this, but I've looked in the Ridgeline beds, same length as Tacoma short bed, but wider.

Glad I don't have to make a decision now.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:13 PM   #24
Lifetime Member
CtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CtryBoyInMT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycledrum View Post
So, short bed is feasible for motorcycle hauling although not ideal.
I'll buy that. I haven't owned my Husky 125 for a few years now and all I have left is my R6 streetbike. But I do believe that the Husky may have fit in a short box.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:24 AM   #25
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
I heard the least stolen truck was the 2.7 liter, cause its too weak and slow to run from the cops if you get busted. BOOYAH!!!!

Sorry Viper, i couldnt resist, its been a long time since i've ragged on you and i felt like you were due
Those were the good ol days alright. This board has a lot of new traffic that just kinda goes away.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:47 AM   #26
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper-2 View Post
Those were the good ol days alright. This board has a lot of new traffic that just kinda goes away.
yeah, alot of the good ole fights are gone now. i dont make fun of Canada or Texas nearly as much as i use to. Although i still take a shot at sawdust and TheMaster when i get a chance. unfortunately TheMaster has pretty much stopped fighting back. i think part of it has to do with teh site getting bigger and more people getting offended at stupid stuff. Oh well. I'm glad my comment didnt piss you off and make you sic the "I4 Squadron" on me, then i'd be in big trouble. Oh wait, nevermind, all i'd have to do is tap my gas pedal and you guys would never see me again. BOOYAH!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 12:04 AM   #27
Toyota.com ought to only feature the colors Silver, Black and White under Tacoma photos because those 3 colors are by far the vast majority of colors found within a 100 mile radius at 45 dealers around the San Francisco Bay Area.