1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Please recommend some high and tight sliders

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by wmflyfisher, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Nov 8, 2009 at 4:47 AM
    wmflyfisher

wmflyfisher [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    PCB, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Sport 4x4
    Looking for a set of cheap (if possible) sliders that will sit high and tight up against my access cab as possible. I do not offroad this truck so nothing serious is needed. I just can't stand when they look like their sitting way off the body. I also don't mind welding them to the frame. Any help would be great!

2. Nov 8, 2009 at 5:11 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Why do you want them if you don't wheel the truck??

And if you find a local offroad shop you'll probably get the best result. Most sliders are designed to have like an 1 inch standoff from the pinch weld and to stick out enuf to protect the body. A local shop can make you the parts you want exactly the way you want them

3. Nov 8, 2009 at 6:46 AM
    wmflyfisher

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    PCB, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Sport 4x4
    Well I don't intentionally wheel the truck but I do get off the highway for hunting, camping, and fishing quite often so the added protection would be nice. I'll check out some local shops.

Dang, wish I would have knew about your shop! My uncle just came up from Pcola this weekend! :mad:

4. Nov 8, 2009 at 7:31 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Demello makes some double tube square tube sliders that sit pretty high up.

Most of the round tube sliders angle upwards closer to the body.

Do a search on this forum (upper right blue bar) "rock sliders" you'll find lots of options depending on what you want them for.

I have Toyota OEM running boards on mine (double cab). They stick out to prevent door dings, I can use them as a step mostly to reach the roof & back of my cab. They sit nice to the body and mount to the cab.

5. Nov 8, 2009 at 7:50 AM
    MrGrimm

MrGrimm Mall Crawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma 4WD w/TRD Sport Package
    See build page
    I will also vote for Demello. They make some great sliders in different styles to fit your needs. I have their round tube bolt on sliders.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Nov 8, 2009 at 7:56 AM
    wmflyfisher

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    PCB, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Sport 4x4
    Sweet. Thanks guys

7. Nov 8, 2009 at 11:04 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Naw...You don't want my shop. I ordered Revenge Sliders and got them welded down here...They did a good job- but I'm not sure I'd want to have them make me silders.

Best of luck.

8. Nov 8, 2009 at 11:12 AM
    wmflyfisher

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    PCB, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Sport 4x4
    Yeah, saw the revenge sliders but there has been some problems so I think I'll steer clear.

9. Nov 8, 2009 at 11:16 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    I don't blame you- I really like them- for all the hassle that other folks took trying to get them...I couldn't recommend them to an enemy...

I know folks have said good things about Demello...Best of luck!!

10. Nov 8, 2009 at 12:10 PM
    AriZonaD54

AriZonaD54 BANNED in 49 states...

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Valley of the Sun
  11. Nov 8, 2009 at 12:12 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
  12. Nov 8, 2009 at 12:42 PM
    Capita

Capita Well-Known Member

Member:
    Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport Double Cab
    Nobody recommended Shrockworks yet. They look like a great product.

13. Nov 8, 2009 at 12:45 PM
    AriZonaD54

AriZonaD54 BANNED in 49 states...

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Valley of the Sun
    Shrockworks makes great stuff but they're stuff like $500+. The OP asked for something that wont hurt his wallet.

14. Nov 8, 2009 at 12:59 PM
    4X4_TRD

4X4_TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    '03 Jeep RUBICON
    No front sway bar (does that count?)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got mine from Stubbswelding.com. They are weld on sliders that kick out towards the rear of the cab. The price he quoted me at the time I ordered was actually less than what it shows online because the price of steel was down. Might be worth looking into it. Good luck.

15. Nov 8, 2009 at 4:42 PM
    wmflyfisher

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    PCB, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Sport 4x4
    Great info here guys. Yeah looking for something on the cheaper side for right now.

16. Nov 8, 2009 at 5:21 PM
    mgrande

mgrande iKill

Member:
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off road
    Kings, AP 3" leaf pack, timbrens front and rear, TC UCA's, pro comp 7189's, baja ATZ's, CBI sliders and rear, relentless front, dynomax catback
    Mrgrimm, nice to see you on here, I've seen your truck on google many time before when I'm bored at work. Hard to forget the front plate :infantry:

Products Discussed in

To Top