LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Really, really, really, really stupid question!

Old 02-16-2008, 07:53 PM   #1
RainHawk is on a distinguished road
RainHawk's Tacoma Gallery
Really, really, really, really stupid question!

I might get a steak dinner for the most stupid question ever asked on a special interest group forum...or get banned from all Tacoma forums for asking it!

What is the proper pronounciation of the nickname "Taco" ?

A) As in the kind of taco you would buy at Taco Bell.

or

B) If you live in the City of Tacoma, Washington. (I live just 15 miles from the city limits) you would say Ta' - ko' (short a, long o)

Red in face,

Rain
Old 02-16-2008, 07:59 PM   #2
lawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nice

lawnrevenge's Tacoma Gallery
Taco like what you eat.
Amazing how I pronounce Tacoma that way too.
I don't say "TAKE-O-MA"
Old 02-16-2008, 08:18 PM   #3
Whew! I went into the dealership today to get my 5000 mile service done and I said I want my Taco (pronounced the TacoBell taco) serviced. The guy at the counter looked at me as if I was on drugs or something and asked me, "excuse me, exactly what do you want, sir ?" And I had to explain to him that that was a nick name. That is why I am asking this question.

Rain
Old 02-16-2008, 08:24 PM   #4
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Cool

Dude that is too funny, he must of thought you were on crack or something... LOL!!!

Hey im new to this too but I would keep the nick names to those that truly appreciate what this truck is about...
Old 02-16-2008, 08:36 PM   #5
Yeah, I had to think about that. If a guy came up to me asking to service his taco, I would have to question him on his intentions!!!
Old 02-17-2008, 04:23 AM   #6
08Taco-Jon is on a distinguished road

08Taco-Jon's Tacoma Gallery
LOL. I am a collision estimator at a Toyota dealership and sometimes I catch myself calling other customers Tacomas a Taco. They are usually like HUH?!? I have always called them Taco's because when we enter a vehicle in our system it abreviates the model and the Tacoma is Taco in our system.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:39 AM   #7
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Morpheus
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm, if only they made a Ford Burrito 4X4 HD.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:06 AM   #8
Old Goat
Don G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st MAW  MAG12  VMA-251,  (1953)
Don G's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainHawk View Post
Whew! I went into the dealership today to get my 5000 mile service done and I said I want my Taco (pronounced the TacoBell taco) serviced. The guy at the counter looked at me as if I was on drugs or something and asked me, "excuse me, exactly what do you want, sir ?" And I had to explain to him that that was a nick name. That is why I am asking this question.

Rain
The guy at the counter must have been new to Toyota or he doesn't get out much! ! The sales girl that sold me mine knew all about the "Taco TuRD"

Don G
Old 02-18-2008, 09:50 AM   #9
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
haha, even though i hate you that was pretty good...
Old 02-18-2008, 09:56 AM   #10
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, I had to think about that. If a guy came up to me asking to service his taco, I would have to question him on his intentions!!!
That is FUNNY! Hey buddy, I want you to lube my Taco.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:53 AM   #11
Obama can suck-it
TSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the roughTSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the roughTSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the roughTSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the rough
TSUNAMI*22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Rain
If a female walked into anywhere and said "I want you to service my Taco", I'd probably give her the [raised eyebrow] look as as well.

Are you a female per chance? If so, I would then understand the look. LOL
Old 02-18-2008, 12:27 PM   #12
Jackass to the masses
cvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cvillechopper's Tacoma Gallery
I prefer to pronounce it with an A with the line over it (like in day) and an O with the little dot over it (sounds like saw or all). Tacaw

Of course, I never expect anyone to listen to me anyway so I make words up for the fun of it.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:34 PM   #13
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
I've never figured out why it is that in spanish burrito literally means little donkey.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:20 PM   #14
Obama can suck-it
TSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the roughTSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the roughTSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the roughTSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the rough
TSUNAMI*22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
I've never figured out why it is that in spanish burrito literally means little donkey.
I heard that the Spanish word for (big donkey) was Hugo Chavez.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:56 PM   #15
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
what do you call a lesbian orgy?

taco salad
Old 02-20-2008, 07:07 AM   #16
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
prolly cause if you get one in mexico it has a little donkey in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
what do you call a lesbian orgy?

taco salad
haha, i wonder who will get offended by that one....
Old 02-20-2008, 07:11 AM   #17
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
it's in the off-topic section
Old 02-20-2008, 08:15 AM   #18
Old Goat
Don G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st MAW  MAG12  VMA-251,  (1953)
Don G's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
prolly cause if you get one in mexico it has a little donkey in it

Hey couch! ! ! It's good to see ya'll back again

Don G
Old 02-20-2008, 11:20 AM   #19

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don G View Post
Hey couch! ! ! It's good to see ya'll back again

Don G
I haven't gone anywhere, but i appreciate the welcome back either way
Old 02-20-2008, 01:31 PM   #20
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Morpheus
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I haven't gone anywhere, but i appreciate the welcome back either way
I suspect he thinks you are a lesbian you stupid Irish tickler.