1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Undercoating floorboard

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SkyHighTacoma, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Nov 8, 2009 at 8:52 PM
    SkyHighTacoma

SkyHighTacoma [OP] Josh

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Brazoria County Texas
    Vehicle:
    15 DCSB SR5 MGM
    I dont know if this is in the right section, but anyways. Has anybody removed there carpet and undercoated the floorboard and then put the carpet back on? I ask cause i pulled up the door trim (the plastic trim on the body under the door) the paint scrached it were the trim snaps in and there is little spots of surface rust in those areas. So i was thinking about taking out the carpet and undercoating the whole floor board. Even though the spots are little. I rather undercoat it before it gets to hard to prep. So i was wandering if anybody has done this if so any tips? And i did search but didnt find what i wanted. :cool:

2. Nov 8, 2009 at 10:25 PM
    skistoy

skistoy Make mine a Double!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 SR5 BSP Double Taco
    Rear Spring TSB,Billy 5100@.85,Bull bar,Nerfbar,Painted Grill,Painted Rims,Bed D-rings,Compustar Starter,Goodyear Duratrac's,Transmission TSB,Brake Overide
    i did it years ago to my last truck. after a number of buffalo winters the carpet was getting crapy and pulled to wash. thats when i noticed some surface rust on floor board. cleaned it and shot it with some spray undercoating. looked a couple years later and it still looked fine. I should probably do it to my new truck.

3. Nov 9, 2009 at 5:09 AM
    Negative1

Negative1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I've also done this to a couple of my previous trucks.
    Living in Canadian harsh winters, no matter what you do, it still gets wet under there.

Mind you, on my new taco, I have the weathertech mats... Some minor wetness might still creep it's way under there, but not nearly as much.

If you are going to pull the carpet to apply product, use POR-15
    It's incredibly tough and hardens like a rock. Lots of car restoration guys use it.

4. Nov 10, 2009 at 5:42 PM
    SkyHighTacoma

SkyHighTacoma [OP] Josh

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Brazoria County Texas
    Vehicle:
    15 DCSB SR5 MGM
    I was probably going to use Chassis Saver. Im undercoating my frame this fri. And then i want to undercoat my floor board later on, and my underbody is already undercoated. So i should be good to go! :D

Products Discussed in

To Top