1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tie downs for bed side walls (not the floor)?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Yuma Taco, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Nov 9, 2009 at 4:01 PM
    Yuma Taco

Yuma Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Yuma, Az
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner DC TRD
    35% tint windows, OEM black running boards, OEM black roof rack, Foglight mod, De-badged & Sockmonkey Horns decals added, Two ammo box storage units (removed), 110 volt & 12 volt outlets for back seat area, EGR Slimline inchannel visors (all windows), Fold-A-Cover G4, Tonneau, Bedmat.
    Howdy,
    I have searched (Yes I did :D ) and I can not find any posts on addind some tie down cleats (points) to the side walls in the bed. (I mean below the tie down rails).
    I haul items that need to stand up and they don't always come up tall enough to secure with the cleats on the rails.
    Any Ideas????
    I was thinking on using some Bungee Loops
    http://www.aerostich.com/bungee-loops.html or Luggage Loops
    http://www.aerostich.com/luggage-loops.html

I would add washers behind the bed with the nuts.

Any ideas are welcomed

Yuma Taco,

2. Nov 9, 2009 at 4:08 PM
    Dirttaco21

Dirttaco21 Well-Known Member

Member:
    tukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 trd
  3. Nov 9, 2009 at 4:15 PM
    Yuma Taco

Yuma Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Yuma, Az
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner DC TRD
    35% tint windows, OEM black running boards, OEM black roof rack, Foglight mod, De-badged & Sockmonkey Horns decals added, Two ammo box storage units (removed), 110 volt & 12 volt outlets for back seat area, EGR Slimline inchannel visors (all windows), Fold-A-Cover G4, Tonneau, Bedmat.
    Yes, I have thought about that (and I will do it later) but I need them up higher to hold bottles and stuff secure against the walls.

Yuma Taco,

4. Nov 9, 2009 at 4:50 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    If I recall, the instructions that come with the Toyota D-rings have you mount them on the side walls. They come with backer plates so you don't break the composite bed. Most of us just ignore the included instructions and mount them to the bed bolts for a stronger hold.

5. Nov 9, 2009 at 5:38 PM
    lasllc

lasllc Wait. . what’s wrong here

Member:
    Southwest RedRocks
    Vehicle:
    13 SuperWhite DCSB Sport TRD
    SnugTop Super Sport, BedRug mat, Redline Tuning hood lifts, LED interior lights, 3D carpet protectors.
    The bed walls are strong but not enough so that I would be comfortable with the washers on the loops you have in the links. I assume you are talking gas bottles - you need more than a couple of square inches behind the wall.

I have 4 d rings on each side wall; the regular ones with the 4x4 plate behind them. One at front and back and one at each end of the wheel well, all about half way up the side wall

Products Discussed in

To Top