Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Door Lock/Unlock Beep "How to turn beep off"

Old 11-09-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
grassflatsfisher is just really nicegrassflatsfisher is just really nicegrassflatsfisher is just really nicegrassflatsfisher is just really nice

grassflatsfisher's Tacoma Gallery
Door Lock/Unlock Beep "How to turn beep off"

Is there any way to turn OFF the beep and double beep when you lock and unlock your doors?

I got a 2009 if that makes a difference.

Thanks ahead of time for the help!
Old 11-09-2009, 07:43 PM   #2
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Yes you can turn it off. I did it to mine. Do a search on here and you will find instructions.

Good luck!

Old 11-09-2009, 07:46 PM   #3
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
This will make it quieter:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...lock-beep.html

or Step one: Open the drivers door and insert the key into the ignition

step two: Remove the key from the ignition and, within 5 seconds,
reinsert the key back into the ignition and switch to the on position.

Step three: After 10 seconds, the system enters the answer-back mode

step four: Within 10 of the answer-back beep the switching mode is
started, press the remote twice and teh system will turn off
or on based upon which the system is set.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:46 PM   #4
grassflatsfisher is just really nicegrassflatsfisher is just really nicegrassflatsfisher is just really nicegrassflatsfisher is just really nice

Tell me what to search... I've tried beep, key fob, turn off, etc... Haven't seen anything on it.
Thanks!
Old 11-09-2009, 07:46 PM   #5
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
I remembered that I had it bookmarked.

Here is the link:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...my-taco-3.html

Cheers.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:52 PM   #7
deeznutz will become famous soon enough
deeznutz's Tacoma Gallery
Search function:

Originally Posted by jmed99
(a) Open the driver side door and insert the key into the ignition cylinder.
(b) Remove the key from the ignition cylinder and, within 5 seconds, reinsert the key and turn the ignition switch to ON.
(c) After 10 seconds, the system enters answer-back buzzer switching mode.
(d) Within 10 seconds after answer-back buzzer switching mode is started, if a transmitter button (the same button) is pressed twice, the answer-back buzzer setting changes (off to on, or on to off) to activate or disable answer-back by buzzer.

HINT: The driver side door is closed.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...my-taco-4.html
Old 11-09-2009, 07:54 PM   #8

Awesome! Thanks for the quick replies... As soon as IDA gets done dumping 10" of rain on me I'm going to do it.

I'd like to know about the 15 sec auto lock as well.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:38 AM   #9
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
Search function:

Originally Posted by jmed99
(a) Open the driver side door and insert the key into the ignition cylinder.
(b) Remove the key from the ignition cylinder and, within 5 seconds, reinsert the key and turn the ignition switch to ON.
(c) After 10 seconds, the system enters answer-back buzzer switching mode.
(d) Within 10 seconds after answer-back buzzer switching mode is started, if a transmitter button (the same button) is pressed twice, the answer-back buzzer setting changes (off to on, or on to off) to activate or disable answer-back by buzzer.

HINT: The driver side door is closed.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...my-taco-4.html
Do you think this will work if i have an after market alarm on it. Mine HONKS once to lock, and twice to unlock, and I feel like it wakes up everyone in my street when I go anywhere at night.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:46 AM   #10
Eurosport has a spectacular aura aboutEurosport has a spectacular aura about
Eurosport's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the directions,
confirmed to work on 2011
Old 03-30-2011, 01:30 PM   #11
RZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shedRZRob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
RZRob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucas View Post
Do you think this will work if i have an after market alarm on it. Mine HONKS once to lock, and twice to unlock, and I feel like it wakes up everyone in my street when I go anywhere at night.
You probably have the same alarm that came in mine (mine died). It was a "Pursuit" by Audiovox. The instructions are online (Google it) and tell you how to do it.

RZ Rob
Old 03-30-2011, 02:42 PM   #12
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quicker fix without all the geek work (sorry guys).

Lift the hood, stand by the battery, hit your lock/unlock and find this:

Tape over the plug:

No beep
Old 04-01-2013, 11:58 AM   #13
904man is on a distinguished road
904man's Tacoma Gallery
New to this forum, love my new Taco! Hated the beep when locking and unlocking the doors!!!!! Your formula works! Thank you very much. FYI, the alarm still sounds (steady beep) when you try to lock the doors and one of the doors is still open. I like that.
Best and Thanks!
904man