Notices

Some observations about my new Tacoma

Old 11-10-2009, 06:59 PM   #1
JoeN 267 is on a distinguished road
Name: Joe
JoeN 267's Tacoma Gallery
Some observations about my new Tacoma

Only have 160+ miles on the truck, 2 wks. old -

Received the AFE Pro Dry S air filter from Auto Anything yesterday, when I took out the stock filter and saw the secondary filter there I wasn't sure what to think, I called AFE and was told that the secondary filter is a "hydro carbon trap filter" and should be left in place - so I just dropped in the new filter and buttoned the air box back up, bottom back latch was a bit tricky to get connected -

I never had a truck with a 5 spd. transmission before, sure does a lot of shifting especially when slowing down to make a cornor, I thought there was something wrong but realized it was just downshifting - just have to get used to it -

And by the way, where in the heck is the tranny dip stick ? I must be going blind, I didn't see it anywhere under the hood -

Why do you think Toyota did not put an illumination ring around the 4 wheel drive dial ?

I am having my Leer 100XL cap put on Thurs. this week -

I really like the truck - nice firm ride - plenty of room inside - gotta get some pics posted soon -

Joe
Old 11-10-2009, 07:00 PM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
No such thing as a tranny dip stick on your truck...
Old 11-10-2009, 07:04 PM   #3
AlphaPlanner
thestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
thestrangebrew's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the new rig and welcome to TW Joe!!
Old 11-10-2009, 07:05 PM   #4
jammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant future

Name: James
jammdogg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to jammdogg
Welcome!
Old 11-10-2009, 07:25 PM   #7
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
no stick,has a drain plug in pan,and a fill hole in the side of the trans case
Old 11-10-2009, 08:32 PM   #8
the town is back that way
GeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Freeda Feltcher
GeoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
in 5k miles, make sure you loosen the right plug when changing oil, lots of people drain their tranny fluid....... Congrats on the new truck!!!! you'll love it
Old 11-10-2009, 08:41 PM   #9
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW
Old 11-10-2009, 11:31 PM   #10
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob View Post
no stick,has a drain plug in pan,and a fill hole in the side of the trans case
And a VERY specific procedure for even CHECKING the trans fluid.

Products Discussed in this Thread