1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AC Rear door speaker hole?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BSP4x4, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Nov 12, 2009 at 9:15 AM
    BSP4x4

BSP4x4 [OP] Guest

anyone notice this circular plastic covering on the upper side of the rear door of an Access Cab? It's under the door trim pannel....is this for a speaker, or just for better access inside the door?

I was putting some dynamat on my doors last night ans saw this. Took the plastic cap off and it allowed me to reach all the way inside the door with the dynamat.

if you put a speaker there you'd need to actually cut the door trim pannel somehow for sound to come out right?

anyone done this?

2. Nov 12, 2009 at 12:53 PM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
    pics.

3. Nov 12, 2009 at 4:43 PM
    BlackRig

BlackRig Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    NE Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR5
    The access cab used to have rear door speakers. 05-08. 09 AC got headliner speakers and a hole in the rear door.

Yes you would have to cut out vents to install speakers. The wires are not pre-run like alot of stuff but it wouldn't be too much of a chore. I'm gunna start looking around for a set of 05-08 pannels to replace mine.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/46323-09-access-cab-rear-speakers.html

4. Nov 12, 2009 at 7:39 PM
    rockinray

rockinray Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    Halifax
    Vehicle:
    '09 Speedway Blue Taco
    Hood protector,window vents, Xtang trifold tonneau cover, Pioneer AVIC F700BT deck with Sirius and rear view camera, Pioneer 6.5" speakers in rear doors with custom made grills, Inverter inside console with outlets on rear of console, LED lights in cupholder and under climate controls, OEM style driving lights, Westin Stainless Steel Tube steps.

Products Discussed in

To Top