1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Compass & Temperature Display

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Clatrans243, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Nov 12, 2009 at 9:49 AM
    Clatrans243

Clatrans243 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2010 4X4 TRD Off Road
    On bright sunny days, of which we have a ton here in New Mexico, I often have difficulty reading the compass and temperature display on my 2010 off road with the JBL. What happens is that all the shiny interior stuff reflects off the "overhead console", making the LED display almost impossible to see.

To make matters worse, the LED display dims when the headlights are off, and I haven't found any way to increase the brightness for daylight use. My wife's Grand Caravan has an LCD display that is in itself easier to see than the LEDs on my Taco, and it actually brightens when the headlights are off.

Is there something I might be overlooking for making the LED display brighter, or does anybody have any ideas for overcoming this problem short of taking a spray can of flat black paint to the interior?

Products Discussed in

To Top