Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rear view cam backwards??

Old 11-12-2009, 08:05 PM   #1
RDAY is on a distinguished road
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
Rear view cam backwards??

Alright im confused this can't be how they are normally ok so theres a shovel on the left (drivers side of my truck) but on the cam it is on the right. Everthing is backwards i flipped it everyway possible when everything is upside down it shows so the shovel is on the right side but everything is upside down???
What could this be???
Old 11-12-2009, 08:07 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Thats how it should be.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:09 PM   #3
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Sober up a bit and look again? LOL

Have no clue bud. Hope you figure it out. I would like to install one myself.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:43 PM   #4
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
so its suppose to be a backwards mirror image so if theres a tree on ur left and u crank it to the right ur gonna nail it?
I just cant get use to it i cant back anything up with it.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:38 PM   #5
nelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednelztaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Neil
nelztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Some rear view systems have a tiny switch setting for mirror or surveillance. I work on postal vehicles and there is a tiny switch that you flip with the tip of a pen on the back of the monitors which are installed in the trucks. Not sure what you're working with though.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:53 PM   #6
808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
808matt's Tacoma Gallery
move the shovel to the other side. problem fixed. =)
Old 11-13-2009, 08:37 AM   #7
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
i have a kenwood 5120 HU
Old 11-13-2009, 08:43 AM   #8
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDAY View Post
Alright im confused this can't be how they are normally ok so theres a shovel on the left (drivers side of my truck) but on the cam it is on the right. Everthing is backwards i flipped it everyway possible when everything is upside down it shows so the shovel is on the right side but everything is upside down???
What could this be???
If you turned your head around and looked out the back of the truck which side would the shovel be on? The right side. The camera displays the same image you would see if you turned your head around to back up. Makes sense to me.

Now if the ground is on the top and the sky is on the bottom in your camera view I'd say you have a problem.

Haha you're probably one of those people that thinks a bit too much and gets confused by the old double-sided DVDs that have wide-screen on one side and standard on the other. Do you put the wide-screen side down knowing thats how the disk is read? Or do you put the label side up thinking most people don't know how DVD players work? Its okay...I'm one of them too.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:57 AM   #9
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
alright say i put the shovel on the left side in my truck i turn my head around and look its on the left side but on the monitor it views it on the right side. Thats whats confusing me.
nah im usually pretty good with this stuff because im a cable technician and im only 22yrs old so im not like my father who knows nothing about electronics or doesnt want to know lol
Old 11-13-2009, 10:09 AM   #10
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Ok...I think I get what you're saying but I want to be clear.

You put your shovel on the DRIVER's side of the truck bed. You turn around and physically look at it and it is of course still on the DRIVER'S side of the truck bed.

Your rearview camera shows that the shovel is on the PASSENGER side of the truck. Is this all correct? If you look at a sign through the rearview camera, are the letters reversed? They should be if what I described matches what you're getting out of your camera. In which case I have no idea whats the cause could be...
Old 11-13-2009, 10:12 AM   #11
Snowman20 has a spectacular aura aboutSnowman20 has a spectacular aura aboutSnowman20 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Cody
Snowman20's Tacoma Gallery
i am SO confused
Old 11-13-2009, 10:13 AM   #12
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SManZ View Post
Ok...I think I get what you're saying but I want to be clear.

You put your shovel on the DRIVER's side of the truck bed. You turn around and physically look at it and it is of course still on the DRIVER'S side of the truck bed.

Your rearview camera shows that the shovel is on the PASSENGER side of the truck. Is this all correct? If you look at a sign through the rearview camera, are the letters reversed?
The camera still shows it on the driver side, but the driver side is on the right when viewing the display.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:15 AM   #13
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
if you put your shovel on the left side of your truck, turn around, and it's still on the left, somethings wrong..
Old 11-13-2009, 10:17 AM   #14

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
The camera still shows it on the driver side, but the driver side is on the right when viewing the display.
If thats what he's got then everything is fine since thats the exact same thing you see if you physically turned your head around to look out the back of the truck right?

Major confusion here...if thats not what you're seeing RDAY I think some pics would be in order. And we want proof that your shovel doesn't have legs!
Old 11-13-2009, 10:19 AM   #15

Me thinks somone is looking thru the cammera while stoned.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:21 AM   #16
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyToyTaco View Post
if you put your shovel on the left side of your truck, turn around, and it's still on the left, somethings wrong..
x2
Old 11-13-2009, 11:23 AM   #17
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
mmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Me thinks somone is looking thru the cammera while stoned.
yeap!
Old 11-13-2009, 11:55 AM   #18
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDAY View Post
alright say i put the shovel on the left side in my truck i turn my head around and look its on the left side but on the monitor it views it on the right side. Thats whats confusing me.
you should take your truck back immediately..it has teleporting powers!! you do NOT want to be responsible for the outcome of this...
Old 11-13-2009, 11:57 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
you should take your truck back immediately..it has teleporting powers!! you do NOT want to be responsible for the outcome of this...
Hes OK, as long as he doesnt walk Behind it.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:11 PM   #20
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
not sure which way your explaning it but on kenwood HU's they have an option in the headunit itself to reverse the image if you want to.