Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Very First Mod?

Old 03-13-2008, 09:02 PM   #61
Stock Work Truck, urgh...
subspd is on a distinguished road
subspd's Tacoma Gallery
iPod connection, rubber mats... tomarrow constant power to 12v power outlets.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:05 PM   #62
Banned
danusa will become famous soon enoughdanusa will become famous soon enough
Army: Para Ranger, Inf. SF CIB
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
Roo guard and tail lamp grills, pistol safe, console safe, emergency lights and Big Sky overhead gun racks at the same time.
The guard should have been lower. I dinged the front lics. plate area thanks to our friendly snow plow driver`s berm. It does wrap around enough to nudge open a gate.
The TRD Off Road came with what the dealer had added. It was his ride `till 7,200 mls.
He switched to a Tundra, which he needs like a hole in the head. But he sold it to me for less than he had in it, and had to replace a topper lock, N/C.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:34 PM   #63
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by danusa View Post
Roo guard and tail lamp grills, pistol safe, console safe, emergency lights and Big Sky overhead gun racks at the same time.
The guard should have been lower. I dinged the front lics. plate area thanks to our friendly snow plow driver`s berm. It does wrap around enough to nudge open a gate.
The TRD Off Road came with what the dealer had added. It was his ride `till 7,200 mls.
He switched to a Tundra, which he needs like a hole in the head. But he sold it to me for less than he had in it, and had to replace a topper lock, N/C.
You got the gun rack installed overhead? I remember when you were trying to figure out a way to mount it -- do you have pics of the final product?
Old 03-14-2008, 03:25 PM   #64
Banned
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
Gun racks

I spoke with TRD and Big Sky. On mine there is a 3" steel header running along the roof / bulkhead convergence.
No, I do not have a pic of mine. But this is what the front looks like. The two gun is to the rear and not in the way at all in the access cab. I don`t think one could mount a traditional Electro Lock to the floor board and dash. Of course there is a lot of ingenuity on the forum. I wouldn`t put it past `em.
Attached Thumbnails
Very First Mod?-lawracks.jpg  
Old 03-14-2008, 03:39 PM   #65
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I spoke with TRD and Big Sky. On mine there is a 3" steel header running along the roof / bulkhead convergence.
No, I do not have a pic of mine. But this is what the front looks like. The two gun is to the rear and not in the way at all in the access cab. I don`t think one could mount a traditional Electro Lock to the floor board and dash. Of course there is a lot of ingenuity on the forum. I wouldn`t put it past `em.
That is fantastic! Congrats on a sweet mod!
Old 03-14-2008, 04:05 PM   #66
Banned
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. All else is too big to upload. I will E-Mail them too you. If you can shrink `em you may post `em.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:27 PM   #67

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks. All else is too big to upload. I will E-Mail them too you. If you can shrink `em you may post `em.
I'd be more than happy to! PM sent.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:38 PM   #68

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
danusa's ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Very First Mod?-beforerooguard_800.jpg   Very First Mod?-07pitguard_800.jpg  
Old 03-17-2008, 03:04 PM   #69
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
hey dan, if you have a legit copy of windows, you can go grab one of their "power toys" called "image shrinker" off of their website. Just search on their and then you can shrink pictures by right clicking on the file. It's very simple(and free) If you CMD. 1/4" Steel plate.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:05 PM   #70
Banned
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks,
If you notice the ligtning struck tree in the left picture; I am sure glad the Taco was not there when it fell.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:08 PM   #71
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
hey dan, if you have a legit copy of windows, you can go grab one of their "power toys" called "image shrinker" off of their website. Just search on their and then you can shrink pictures by right clicking on the file. It's very simple(and free) If you CMD. 1/4" Steel plate.
You can get Picasa from Google for free and it will resize (and a few other things).

Or paint.net (www.getpaint.net). It's a free equivalent to Photoshop.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:10 PM   #72
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
You can get Picasa from Google for free and it will resize (and a few other things).

Or paint.net (www.getpaint.net). It's a free equivalent to Photoshop.
Everyone's photoshop isn't free?

I like the MS program because you can highlight multiple files and right click and resize. It's actually a slim program, which I wasn't expecting from MS.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:13 PM   #73
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Yeah. I think Picasa can group resize, but I'm not sure. Most of the time I upload to Photobucket and they auto resizes as they're uploaded.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:28 PM   #74
Banned
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
Actually, I have the programs. The need comes up so infrequently that I never learned to use them. But thanks all.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:38 PM   #75
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
bump...
Old 01-23-2009, 04:35 AM   #76
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Floor mats, ventguards, ipod hookup, seat covers, 2nd filter removal/AFE drop-in, extra tiedown cleats. Exh tip, var int wiper stalk, blacked out headlights/taillights, Thule telescoping bike/board/kayak racks, Magnaflow muffler coming soon. Had the truck all of a week, lol.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:49 AM   #77
DMZX is on a distinguished road
Army: Section Chief, 1/19th FA
DMZX's Tacoma Gallery
Replaced the quickly worn OEM Firestones (P215) with Toyo HT's (P235). It is a small thing I know, but it gave it a little lift and, most importantly, it looks more like a truck.

Oh yeah, and it corrected the speedo error.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:12 AM   #78
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
very first...premium fuel. seat covers & husky liners to protect my investment. the "done" list has grown since then...but not like the "wants" list has
Old 01-24-2009, 07:08 AM   #80
Senior Junior Member In Training
4getful is just really nice4getful is just really nice4getful is just really nice4getful is just really nice

Name: Dan
4getful's Tacoma Gallery
The first mod I did to my truck was adding these really expensive trash cans that hang on the back of the front seats. I got them at Wal-Mart and let me tell you I thought that I would have to go to the dealership to have them installed. You see the velcro straps (very high end) were very long, so I had ended up having to wrap them around the posts until they were able to meet and hold the trash can up. All in all I am very satisfied with them.