LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Annoying noise when doing 70+

Old 02-20-2008, 04:58 PM   #1
TWINSIES!
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Annoying noise when doing 70+

I have an 07 prerunner and when im on the highway or doing 70+ i start to hear an annoying whirling or whistling noise coming from the space between the windshield and the overhead dome lights. If i push up on that area the noise decreases but does stop, If you have an idea on how to fix it or if should just take it to the shop let me know thanks.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:34 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
I have an 07 prerunner and when im on the highway or doing 70+ i start to hear an annoying whirling or whistling noise coming from the space between the windshield and the overhead dome lights. If i push up on that area the noise decreases but does stop, If you have an idea on how to fix it or if should just take it to the shop let me know thanks.
take it to the dealer, as there is a tsb for it. they actually replace the seal around the windshield to stop the annoying whistle. just tell them it whistles like hell on the interstate, and you should be good to go!! hope this helps!!
Old 02-20-2008, 05:37 PM   #3
I <3 Boost
utixrunner is on a distinguished road

utixrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a link to the copy of the TSB in case they give you any hassle http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...ead.php?t=7688
Old 02-20-2008, 05:40 PM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
here's the TSB http://clem.mscd.edu/~reesegr/NV006-07.pdf
Old 02-20-2008, 05:41 PM   #5
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by utixrunner View Post
Here is a link to the copy of the TSB in case they give you any hassle http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...ead.php?t=7688
oops...what he said.