1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Undercarriage Line X ? ? ?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by FARNORCAL, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Nov 13, 2009 at 10:58 PM
    FARNORCAL

FARNORCAL [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma4x4 DC LB Silver TRD Sport
    SEE BUILD
    Has anyone here done any line x work to their undercarriage? If so does anyone have any pics? I want something thats going to last to prevent rust.

2. Nov 13, 2009 at 11:08 PM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    Line-x will make it near impossible to remove or replace anything. The bolt heads will be covered. Alot of undercoating places spray a gross tar crap under the vehicle which repels water and seals and metal from water or salt and it wont wash off but never fully dries so its pliable allowing for bolts and component to be easily removed. The tar is similar to the gunk that toyota sprays on the frame and other parts. Works good!

3. Nov 14, 2009 at 9:02 AM
    PacoTheTacoMan

PacoTheTacoMan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Weathertechs, personally fabricated tailgate lock, tint, extra D rings, Exactfit seatcovers, re-enforcing the tailgate and adding a leaf next week.
    I would just get the Rust Oleum undercoat or bedliner aerosol cans at Wal-Mart. I think they run about 7 bucks. A couple of cans should do you, and you should be able to do this yourself. I plan to do this to my frame next week.

4. Nov 14, 2009 at 3:03 PM
    Taco Ron

Taco Ron Male Member

Member:
    ^ I used about 6 cans on mine and could have used a couple more to get it a little thicker. The down side of the aerosol cans is that they won't get to those hard to reach places like you can if you have a undercoat spray kit.

5. Nov 14, 2009 at 3:54 PM
    dee_bo

dee_bo Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Sport Tacoma
    None yet
    Hey man you a tool fan??? The rock...hope they're working on a new album soon.

6. Nov 15, 2009 at 4:22 AM
    PacoTheTacoMan

Member:
    Weathertechs, personally fabricated tailgate lock, tint, extra D rings, Exactfit seatcovers, re-enforcing the tailgate and adding a leaf next week.
    Yeah, big Tool fan. I was listening to that particular album when I set up my profile. Bands just aren't making anything like that any more. I can't wait for this emo crap to go away and the next generation of the Soundgardens, NINs, and Tools come along. We need something fresh that rocks.

7. Nov 15, 2009 at 4:24 AM
    PacoTheTacoMan

Member:
    Yes, if you have the spray gun for Rhino liner it works very well for undercoating. I have one, but hate to get into all of that just to hit my frame. The Rust Oleum cans have the any-which-way nozzle, and it gets most areas. But you are correct, it isn't as good as the gun.

Products Discussed in

To Top